Insight pump vibrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My insight pump reached the end of the warranty and was replaced last week. As I have found it great I was pleased to have another. I was told the only difference was the key lock had been changed. When I have got it there is another change and one that I am finding difficult. The pump vibrates every time a bolus is done from the handset. I have turned all options to sound only and have contacted roche but was told feedback from users wanting this means it is now not possible to bolus from the handset and not have the pump vibrate. I really do not like this and am finding having the pump less nice than i was because of it. I understand why some people might want the vibration to alert them to insulin being given but can't understand why this was not made as an option so that people who were happy with it could continue.
Has anyone else had a newer insight and has this feature? I still keep looking through the menus in the hope of turning it off but can not.

Seriously - exactly how much of your day does it spend vibrating?

The Combo used to sort of 'pulse' as it bloused so for about 12 months after I get the Insight I had to fish it out, wake the screen up by toggling the up and down arrows then press the down arrow twice to make sure it had delivered the ruddy insulin before I started eating in the case of a bolus - so I'm sort of glad it's back!

If Roche have told you themselves it can't be turned off - why on earth are you still trying to do so?

There are fewer things more irritating in my experience than the decisions that you cannot turn off or change in a pump's user interface.

On my old Medtronic pump it was an hourly 'chime' any time a TBR was running (which made them useless at night).

On the 640G (and I assume the 670G) it's the tiresome rigmarole of having to unlock the keypad to do most things *except* deliver the Easy Bolus - which rather undermines the "it's for safety" argument 🙄

As my Insight seems quite reluctant to respond to my taps to the screen on the handset, I quite welcome the vibration as it confirms to me that the bolus has actually happened. Made me jump the first few times I admit, but I find it reassuring now.

@Barbie1 - I found very early in our relationship that screen taps on the handset respond very easily if you involve a bit of the nail on the finger you happen to be using - a mobile phone it most certainly ain't !

This is my first pump, so not bothered by the vibration whilst it delivers a bolus, but the tapping to administer it on the handset is annoying! I use the pen thingy now (which I call a 'dobber') on the handset as found my nails rubbish for this task!

Seriously - exactly how much of your day does it spend vibrating?

The Combo used to sort of 'pulse' as it bloused so for about 12 months after I get the Insight I had to fish it out, wake the screen up by toggling the up and down arrows then press the down arrow twice to make sure it had delivered the ruddy insulin before I started eating in the case of a bolus - so I'm sort of glad it's back!

If Roche have told you themselves it can't be turned off - why on earth are you still trying to do so?
Me too jenny! The no vibrate bit made me paranoid about weather it had actually done the bolus or not too! with the combo i found it reassuring it was doing its thing. I actually like that they have added it.. no good for me with this one but i suspect my next pump will be an upgraded insight.

There are fewer things more irritating in my experience than the decisions that you cannot turn off or change in a pump's user interface.

On my old Medtronic pump it was an hourly 'chime' any time a TBR was running (which made them useless at night).

On the 640G (and I assume the 670G) it's the tiresome rigmarole of having to unlock the keypad to do most things *except* deliver the Easy Bolus - which rather undermines the "it's for safety" argument 🙄
The old combos used to do a triple beep every 15 mins for a tbr.. that was annoying especially at night lol.

Thanks everydayupsanddowns. It is understandable that some would like the vibration happening but I do not understand why it can not be as an option so that people who liked it before and find the vibration uncomfortable can turn it off.

@lucyhoneychurch I do not find the handset hard to use and never tap with nails etc. Have you done the screen callibration on the handset to get it tuned to your press. This improved the response for me if that is useful to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back