Injections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamski

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello there
I have just been diagnosed with type 2 and am taking Metformin. If you are type 2 can and are injections also given and if so once this happens is the reverse of the illness possible like I’ve heard can be done with the type 2?

Hi there!

Sometimes injections are given yes but depending on clinical need and if other drugs like metformin haven’t worked first, you can go into remission but not reverse type 2, often diet changes and weight loss can be enough to trigger Remission and there’s a programme coming on stream with the NHS called pathway to remission soon, you could ask your dr about it? It’s a diet and education programme , I believe there is more info on the page lower down.
Why are you asking? You’re not thinking of the drugs being hyped in the media recently? Or insulin that type 1 sufferers use as their main treatment? There are strict criteria for these weight loss type drugs on the NHS for diabetes and in very short supply at the moment because of the hype, you can ask your GP or diabetes nurse if you meet the criteria for any of them but I believe you need to have had other drug treatments tried first? Others may know more?

If you are referring to the weight loss injections, my understanding about the injections for reducing weight loss is that they only work whilst you take those injections. As soon as you stop the weight comes back, unless you are also able to make adjustments to your diet/lifestyle to reduce the amount of insulin that you need and /or to increase your sensitivity to insulin.

If you are referring to how some T2s eventually start injecting insulin(s) to help with their glucose levels, that is something that can happen where people have not been able to regulate their glucose levels with changes to diet/lifestyle and other medication. Nothing is straight forward with diabetes and we are all different and it is a case of each of us working out what works for us.

Hi there!

Sometimes injections are given yes but depending on clinical need and if other drugs like metformin haven’t worked first, you can go into remission but not reverse type 2, often diet changes and weight loss can be enough to trigger Remission and there’s a programme coming on stream with the NHS called pathway to remission soon, you could ask your dr about it? It’s a diet and education programme , I believe there is more info on the page lower down.
Why are you asking? You’re not thinking of the drugs being hyped in the media recently? Or insulin that type 1 sufferers use as their main treatment? There are strict criteria for these weight loss type drugs on the NHS for diabetes and in very short supply at the moment because of the hype, you can ask your GP or diabetes nurse if you meet the criteria for any of them but I believe you need to have had other drug treatments tried first? Others may know more?
I’m in contact with a lady who has a fat reduction juice helps that weight loss and on one of the success stories it showed a lady that said after taking this supplement for 40 days she didn’t need insulin injections anymore?? My GP said once on injections there’s no chance of remission or reversal so I’m just seeing if this lady is a con and she’s showing a false story x

is the reverse of the illness possible like I’ve heard can be done with the type 2?
The correct term is 'remission', which in clinical terms means you have no signs or symptoms. The current definition of remission, agreed by a team of international experts from Diabetes UK, the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, is when your HbA1c remains below 48mmol/mol for at least three months without diabetes medication. So yes, remission is possible for T2s but it's not a guarantee.

See I’ve no clue about this!!I don’t know what HbA1c is or what 48mmol/mol means

I very strongly suggest you register for the Learning Zone and get reading, watching, listening - and learning!

I’m in contact with a lady who has a fat reduction juice helps that weight loss and on one of the success stories it showed a lady that said after taking this supplement for 40 days she didn’t need insulin injections anymore?? My GP said once on injections there’s no chance of remission or reversal so I’m just seeing if this lady is a con and she’s showing a false story x
"Fat reduction juice" screams scam, snake oil, the only thing it is likely to reduce is your bank balance!

See I’ve no clue about this!!I don’t know what HbA1c is or what 48mmol/mol means
The HbA1C test is a blood test used to diagnose diabetes so you must have had that to get your diagnosis. It basically is an average of your blood glucose over the previous 3 months and a result over 47mmol/mol will give you a diabetes diagnosis, It does not tell you what type your are that would need extra tests which would only usually be done if clinical presentation suggests they would be needed.
If you don't know what your result is then you should ask as it indicates how much work you need to do from some modest changes to diet to something more substantial.
But yes have a look at the learning zone as well as the link I posted in another thread you have posted in.

I agree with @silentsquirrel its a scam, best place to achieve remission is as @trophywench and @Leadinglights is via reading and using tips in the learning zone, your not on insulin injections yet and may never need them , keep reading here as well to learn together and keep up to date on diabetes research and it may help you achieve remission or at least achieve a much better Hba1c, glad you asked before buying into this juice scheme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back