injections without bruising or lumps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

litto-miss-loz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all,

just wondered if i could get some tips on how to inject without gettin bruising or lumps! i find that every injection ends with a bruise or a lump and im thinkin that i must be doin somethin wrong!!

im very slim so maybe theres a different technique for slimmer people ????

any advice would be great thanks :D xx

Hey there good to hear from you hope all is well with you🙂

There's been a few threads about this recently, there's been talk of smaller needles 4mm but very new and might take a while to filter through.

Tips on not bruising etc, I've been bruising lately too, realise I've been injecting too high on my stomach, but generally injecting slowly and pinching can help.

Hope you find an answer.

Take care

Rossi 🙂

Hey there good to hear from you hope all is well with you🙂

There's been a few threads about this recently, there's been talk of smaller needles 4mm but very new and might take a while to filter through.

Tips on not bruising etc, I've been bruising lately too, realise I've been injecting too high on my stomach, but generally injecting slowly and pinching can help.

Hope you find an answer.

Take care

Rossi 🙂

hiya :D aww ano its been a longgggggggg time 😛

oo ill try find them lol oo is there?? so do u think if i contacted my clinic they would have some or r they still in progress??? lol

thanks for ur help and nice hearing from you too, hope ur well :D

xxxx

do u think i would maybe be able to just put my 5mm needle in half way or will the insulin not go right in if i do that???

xx

don't think so but not sure, maybe try if you have dampness from the insulin on the site then it would be a no. But it could be dangerous to try not knowing if you have injected or not! SO be careful!!

Cheers

Rossi

don't think so but not sure, maybe try if you have dampness from the insulin on the site then it would be a no. But it could be dangerous to try not knowing if you have injected or not! SO be careful!!

Cheers

Rossi

worht a try i guess 😛

ta xx

do u think i would maybe be able to just put my 5mm needle in half way or will the insulin not go right in if i do that???

xx

When I was changing from 8mm to 5mm needles recently, my consultant suggested using the 8's and injecting at a slight angle so they didn't go in so deep to see if my control was any better before I ended up stuck with 100 needles the wrong length.

I am now using "proper" 5mm needles 🙂 (having used up all the 8's I had left) and am very happy with them. Be careful though as your absorption may be better because the insulin is going where it is supposed to. I had quite a lot of hypos 😱till I reduced my Levemir enough and altered my daytime ratios for the Humalog a bit.

Good luck, hope everything goes well when you try them.

i am having the exact same problem at the mo. it is really annoying and painful. i am currently trying shorter needles from the 8mm i was using, it is too soon to tell if it is working yet though.
good luck with finding a solution. if you find a magic answer please tell us 🙂
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back