injection sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all,hope you are all well.
Ihave started injecting in my arms and find this much easier less painfull and i am getting better results, thing is im trying to quit smoking and want to go back on the patches and can only wear them on my arms do you think this will affect injecting in my arms,i think i probaly already know the answer but thought i would ask anyway.

I wouldn't imagine injecting in the same area as a nicotene patch would be a good idea - could you use the opposite arm? Instead of patches, have you read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking? I smoked for 20 years and tried patches and the gum, but it was reading this book that helped me the most - the others just keep you addicted to nicotene and cost a fortune. I read the book and stopped in a weekend and have never smoked since (now 15 years). Everyone I know that read the book managed to stop, so I know it wasn't just me! Give it a go, it's only a fiver! 🙂

Thanks Northerner i will pop to the shops and get it this afternoon.

Ihave started injecting in my arms and find this much easier less painfull and i am getting better results, thing is im trying to quit smoking and want to go back on the patches and can only wear them on my arms do you think this will affect injecting in my arms,i think i probaly already know the answer but thought i would ask anyway.

Whereabouts can you inject on your arms? I've never considered it before but getting near xmas party season it'd be a lot easier if I'm wearing a nice frock and tights/leggings! xx

Whereabouts can you inject on your arms? I've never considered it before but getting near xmas party season it'd be a lot easier if I'm wearing a nice frock and tights/leggings! xx

Upper arm, I believe, towards the back - tried it once but it hurt for me, I don't have enough flesh up there 😱

Hi caroleann I gave up smoking in January and used patches on different sights, arms, legs also tummy. When I stopped smoking it altered my blood sugars, I had some terrible hypo's and had to take less insulin. I have used my arms for years, use the top of your arm at the back. Even though I am not a big person women seem to have more fat on their upper arms. Good luck with quitting smoking, it's very difficult, I know, but with will power and giving yourself goals I'm sure you will do it. If you need any support at any time please feel free to pm me. Take care Sheena

I stopped smoking nearly 4 years ago after smoking heavily for 20 odd years, I tried to stop many times using all sorts of NRT, patches were ok but I tended to cheat!! I finally gave up using champix (would recommend it to anybody!!)and I have not had a ciggy since and don't really miss it at all!! Paul Mckenna's CD is alsoquite good, good luck with stopping, take it 1 day at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back