Injection misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When taking my shot the needle is hovering around on my skin if you get what i mean and not going in.I have to push it in and it really does hurt..any suggestions? im becoming really scared to take my shot at the minute :(

Ooh, that doesn't sound fun at all! :( Sorry if this is a daft question, but is it a new needle each time? Failing that, I once had a dodgy box of microfine pen needles - they are supposed to be lubricated, but when I tried to put them in they were kind of sticky/snaggy?! (Ouch! Shudder...). Annoyingly the pharmacist didn't believe me initially! Do you have another needle with a different batch / manufacturing number you could try? I suppose it's really rare for this to happen, but as I found not impossible...

Sending a big hug anyway! (((())))

Like Twitchy said - make sure you change your needle every time and if this isnt the problem then perhaps open a new box.🙂Bev

Ouch Steffie that sounds nasty. I do sometimes find that certain places are more painful and sometimes there are places where the skin seems a bit tougher so I just move it to a spot that is more comfortable. I think sometimes if I tense up it doesn't slide in as well. I wonder if this cold weather makes any difference? I've been chilly all day. I turned up the heating a bit and put on the thermal undies too (really glam lol). It is harder to relax if you are cold.

As said Steff, always change your needle, as I'm sure you do. Also, your skin will go a bi hard if you re-use the same site too often. You can try some moisturiser maybe and rest the bad areas for a while.

Other than that, it's not the most natural thing in the world to do, so don't worry if you feel a bit aprehensive now and then. It's a bit like bungee jumping. There's something about it that's just that little bit odd, but still we do it (injecting, not bungee jumping - well, maybe once) 🙄

Rob

Yeah always change the needle without fail. twitch you mention dodgy needles i have had that twice before and that puts the colly wobbles inside my head cause i think there all bent,but this batch is ok, as for opening a new box im not getting my new script will Thursday x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back