Injection hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Have just taken my insulin and it really really hurt. I injected as i always do and i could feel the insulin going in on both jabs. It still hurts where did i go wrong? Normally i just inject and dont feel a thing but not tonight😡

Where did you inject Gail? I find that my injections hurt occasionally, and sometimes I get a little lump or a bruise afterwards. What sort of pain was it? I get a stinging pain which seems to come from the insulin rather than the needle going in.

Perhaps you injected into a previous site and it has irritated it.:(🙂Bev

I often inject into bruised sites or just sites that don't like being injected into and it can really burn for a minute or so.

I do wonder if the body is capable of surviving such a relentless onslaught at times. But it seems to bounce back after a day or two and they don't hurt for a bit. 🙂

Rob

Definitely change sites for a few days, if you haven't already. And needles. I sometimes get lazy about needles for jabs on end and then suddenly.... YOWCH!

I injected in the tummy, i always change inection sites, it was like a stinging sensation and i swear i could feel the insulin going in and by gum it hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back