Injecting when traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure when injecting insulin when on a coach is the best thing to do but i had no option because im travaling back from being away and it was time for my lunch i had no option

Not sure when injecting insulin when on a coach is the best thing to do but i had no option because im travaling back from being away and it was time for my lunch i had no option
I've injected in all sorts of strange places. Several times on a coach. Once on a horse (I did get someone else to hold the reins for me). Often, needs must, and we just get on with it.

As long as the road is not too bumpy, I see nothing wrong with injecting on a coach.
There is a huge difference between injecting publicly and injecting in public and there are times, such as a long journey on a coach, train, flight, ferry, ... when you can't hide yourself away from snowflakes in order to keep yourself alive.

No problem injecting in public places. You need your insulin when you need it and if people are upset by it, they shouldn't
watch. You need your insulin to stay healthy and alive. It shouldn't be any different to taking an inhaler.

I've injected in all sorts of strange places. Several times on a coach. Once on a horse (I did get someone else to hold the reins for me). Often, needs must, and we just get on with it.
Not sure I would dare do that with my horses @Robin, but I have certainly injected whilst bimbling along the road with the horses and carriage. You are right @helli .... potholes are the biggest concern especially with carriage wheels that have solid rubber tyres on narrow country lanes!

Not sure I would dare do that with my horses @Robin, but I have certainly injected whilst bimbling along the road with the horses and carriage. You are right @helli .... potholes are the biggest concern especially with carriage wheels that have solid rubber tyres on narrow country lanes!
I’d have dismounted, only it was drizzling, and I didn’t want to get back on to a wet saddle! We’d just done a cross country lesson, and the instructor who was on foot produced snacks and drinks before the hack home. I'd given her all my equipment to look after, and I wasn’t going to turn my nose up at a kitkat! All the riding school horses can be guaranteed to be well behaved (usually!)

I was more thinking of the moving vachie. And jerky hands or what ever then doing it in pubic i had someone move away when i did on a bench before through(they had. Young child and they might have thought i was dounf somthing else)

I was more thinking of the moving vachie. And jerky hands or what ever then doing it in pubic i had someone move away when i did on a bench before through(they had. Young child and they might have thought i was dounf somthing else)
I know what you mean, I once injected on a coach going to the airport in Istanbul, in rush hour. Emergency stops, lane hopping, illegal hard shoulder, no seat belts, you name it we did it. I braced my hand against the pen and hoped for the best, I think I delivered the insulin a bit faster and deeper than usual, but I survived!

I think my most perilous injection was in the back of a 4x4 along a dirt track in Venezuela which had been washed away by recent rains. Pot holes feels like an understatement - more like valleys and mountains!
Thankfully, I was wearing shorts at the time so just stabbed my thigh. I ended up with a bruise but that was better than the alternative,

People will always think the worst, you just have to ignore them. (As if illegal drugs come in nice posh pens lol...). Or explain if you can be bothered, but a lot of people won’t listen anyway. As long as you’re being as discreet as you can and aren’t making a big song and dance about it then it’s nobody else’s business.

It cant have gone to bad i checked on it around 2 hours after eating and it was 7.9

Think about it, ambulances can be going at higher speeds whilst there's a paramedic in the back that can be carrying out much bigger tasks so I'd think nothing of doing it on a bus xx

It cant have gone to bad i checked on it around 2 hours after eating and it was 7.9
Spoke to soom just checked on it again and its decided to rise to 10.8. Oh well at least i dont have to worry about walking home and droping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back