Injecting and stomach pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have recentley been getting stomach pains and bruises from injecting, do yo think it could be the spikes, i was first on 6mm spikes now my prescrpition has 8mm spikes on.

Were does everyone else inject and which are the best places, i always have nite time levimar in my bum, and thats okay. Although i was told to alternate were i inject, i am very werey injecting in my stomach.

::confused:

Last edited:
Hi Scotty,

I get the occasional pain from injecting, plus bruising as well although not as much as when I was first diagnosed. I inject mostly in my hips/bum area, but do use my belly to give the hips a rest. Certainly, the length of the needle tips can make a difference and you should ask o have them changed if you were more comfortable with the 6mm ones (I use 6mm and tried 8mm - won't be using them again!)

I use 5mm needles now and wouldn't wnat to go back to the 8mm. What was the reason for the change?
I often do my lantus in the buttocks, because I'm usually at home to do it.

My favourite place to to inject is my arms, followed by the stomach love handles area.

followed by the stomach love handles area.

haha the 'love handles' area is my favourite place to inject 😛 Totally painless! Starting to think that's because I inject in the same place too much though, oops.

Funnily enough, I've been on 5mm needles for yrs and have just changed to 8mm. My sister has done the same, and noticed that she has much better control (it seemed the 5mm needles were a bit inconsitant with her - as if her body wasnt always absorbing the insulin. But this obviously might just be us!)

I use legs, tummy and arms. I use my tummy too much because it's easy to get to when i'm in a cafe/on a train etc. I sometimes get a bit of brusing and have some marks on my tummy and legs. Don't seem to have as much as a problem on my arms.

It definately helps to change the needle each time... which I have been really bad at, but am improving!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back