infections and insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabetic gardener

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My levels have been completely awry over the last few days [nasty eye infection].
Much more erratic than with UTI's. Sometimes very insulin sensitive, sometimes not.
Is there a view as to whether post prandial spikes on slightly lower insulin are better than the better levels but subsequent hypo of a higher dose?

Hypos can kill you quickly, hypers can kill you slowly. Always get rid of the hypos first.

Hi. Sorry to hear you are battling an infection and resultant BG turmoil. I believe it is always best to prevent the hypo. You can always try reducing the spike of the reduced dose by injecting further in advance. ie prebolusing earlier.

Hope you are fully fit and healthy again soon.

Hypos can kill you quickly, hypers can kill you slowly. Always get rid of the hypos first.
OK- that's salutary... Thank you
Hi. Sorry to hear you are battling an infection and resultant BG turmoil. I believe it is always best to prevent the hypo. You can always try reducing the spike of the reduced dose by injecting further in advance. ie prebolusing earlier.

Hope you are fully fit and healthy again soon.
Thank you- it is improving-and I no longer look as if my husband punched me!! Hopefully levels will settle soon

I had a virus last week so my levels very high and then as you say sneaky hypos, in these cases I try to just do my best, not over correct and just ride it out emotionally.
It’s not forever and a bad few days in a good few weeks or months is okay.
Now it’s over my levels are back to normal, whatever that is.
Take care x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back