Inexplicable highs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulk69

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi. Does anyone else suffer inexplicable highs? They happen to me regularly without any reason. The fatigue is intense. I count carbs, monitor my sugar levels. Don't smoke. Try and take low GI foods and am careful about timings of insulins. Spikes occur anytime day or night for apparently NO reason?

Could it be that your basal insulin needs adjusting? I get a high from around 8 o’clock at night and have looked at everything : adjusting dinner ratio,insulin timing,basal insulin and nothing stops it. It could just be one of those unexplainable things

Hi. Does anyone else suffer inexplicable highs? They happen to me regularly without any reason. The fatigue is intense. I count carbs, monitor my sugar levels. Don't smoke. Try and take low GI foods and am careful about timings of insulins. Spikes occur anytime day or night for apparently NO reason?

Could it be an absorption issue? That’s usually the cause of any highs I have that aren’t food or illness related.

And what basal do you take and when did you last do a basal test?

Sorry to hear your diabetes is throwing you a few curve balls @Paulk69

Do you use pens or an insulin pump? How are your injection/infusion sites?

How often do you feel you have these unexpected excursions?

Might it be worth keeping a BG log along with doses, carbs, emotions, activity etc to see if you can spot some hidden patterns?

Could it be an absorption issue? That’s usually the cause of any highs I have that aren’t food or illness related.

Would suggest same, changing to unused alternative sites works wonders in own experience to.

I've found it's an absorption issue for me and finding new injection areas has made big difference.

Thank you! Basal is ok as far as I know. Absorption sounds like a possibility.

I've found it's an absorption issue for me and finding new injection areas has made big difference.
Seems to be a common thread here. Thank you for advice. Will look at absorption and try different sites, etc.

Thank you! Basal is ok as far as I know. Absorption sounds like a possibility.
Apologies for being a bit thick here but I don't understand.
Why do you think you have an absorption problem with bolus but not basal?
Are you injecting basal someone different to bolus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back