Indian Buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Canty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So, last night, my wife dragged me off the mountain (midweek) to go & do some shopping.... About an hours drive to the next town....

To calm my shattered nerves from being back in civilization for a few hours, she suggested we do an Indian Buffet.... Yummy!!!! Don't get to do those very often!!!!

Several platefuls of various delicacies I am stuffed (and not a serving of rice in all of that) way less than what I used to eat but rather more than what I currently eat, I did enjoy it though!

BG 2.5-3 hours after 9.1
FBG this morning 6.7
Weight up 3lb from 175

Not the happiest of campers with these results but an occasional treat is worth it.... I put the blame on the pakora (veg & fish), tamarind chutney & naan.... Darn, I won't be in ketosis for a while!!!

You need a treat once in a while Martin and it wasn't too disastrous in terms of BG's. I can't believe you've actually gained 3lb in one meal. It will level off after a few days I'm sure 🙂

Pakoras are made with Gram (or Besen) flour - ie ground up chick peas - and water for the basic 'batter' plus various spices. But simply - shedloads of carb!

I love onion bhajis though! And naan, but I really can only have the end, of the thin end, of my husband's one now! (only not if it's a Peshwari one LOL)

I love my Indian curries and my BG is happy with them too. I have a small portion of wholemeal basmati & a home made chipati. Haven't risked a bhaji or samosa yet.🙂

I love my curries... Indian restaurants are becoming more popular in the US these days.... In a town of population 17K we actually have 2 very good ones!!! Most of the time I just make my own....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back