Increased appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Following advice I changed slightly the way I take my pills, and now take the gliclizide 20 minutes before my meals (previous advice was take ALL pills after food).

Now I have my meal and I'm still hungry. I'm trying to go after an extra portion of vege or some fruit to fill up with. Has this happened to anyone else and how did they deal with it?:confused:

Very tricky is it not, to try and balance out all of the meals so it does not leave you hungry after, I have not been as bad since starting the byetta because i lost my appetite some what but i think you have the right idea if you can bulk up on an extra portion on vedge it wil be better then snacking after your meal x

There is always a bowl of fruit on the dinner table, so it is there in front of me after my meal, which makes it easier to keep out of the kitchen and away from the chocolates and biscuits.

I had the same problem and my doc said that this was why i was putting on a bit of weight.. tha glics were making me think i was hungry even though i wasnt...mmmm? i didnt get it either! am I hungry, or not? lol

I started taking mine half hour before food so when it hits my stomach and tells me im hungry, its meal time, so im not eating more than I need to be.

Sooon to stop taking them though and a new set of issues are bound to appear! lol

That is the thing I am worried about, putting on any more weight. I like fruit and vege, but there are times when only a bar of chocolate or a cream bun will do!

i know exactly what you mean!!!! I have put on half a stone in just over a week!!!

i have bought a new pair of jeans, 1 size smaller as an incentive not to eat the WHOLE packet of cakes!

I can always justify the whole pack too, with phrases like I don't want it to go off...

i dont justify! ive stolen the Nike tagline.............. JUST DO IT lol

I like that tag line too. I often say to people when I want something done don't argue with me just do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back