Increase in BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teadance

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

I’m concerned with the increased readings I’m getting from my Freestyle Libre2. For no obvious reason that I can see, my numbers have gone up. I was controlling things with diet and exercise, and have done since diagnosis several years ago. All of a sudden, about 6 weeks ago, things started to go up. (I know my numbers are thankfully quite low, but for me they are higher than they were, and I’m keen to get them back on track.) For example my first reading of the morning has consistently been around 5.4. Suddenly this is now consistently 6.7. I’m getting 10.0 - 12.0 after lunch and it can be similar after tea, but remains around 8.0-9.0 throughout the evening in spite of not eating anything else after tea. I know these numbers are ok, but it’s when I compare them to how they were 6-ish weeks ago that I can see they have increased. I’ve been double Covid jabbed and had the flu vaccine. There is stress in my life, but there was before. I walk every day. I eat healthily. I try to lower carbs. I just don’t know how to account for it.

Oops! Just remembered two more things. I know the Freestyle Libre measures interstitial fluid which can be slightly different to blood glucose measures, but I have cross checked it with finger pricking and the numbers are still increased. Thanks for reading.

Can you give us an idea of what your healthy diet consists of? ie. A typical day's breakfast lunch and evening meal? Just wondering if there is room for further carb reduction and you are perhaps still eating more carbs than your body can cope with even if they are healthy wholemeal carbs or if perhaps the covid/flu jabs have changed things within your body and/or you are maybe not a straightforward Type 2. Stress definitely doesn't help but not easy to just switch that off.

Hi rebrascora, I’m wondering if you meant to reply to my most recent post, ‘Is diabetes progressive?’. This thread is a couple of years old. Thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back