incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

mary101

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
does anyone else have problems with this

i take r insulin in morning and have no problems during the day am fine

i take n insulin at night only 20 units but two hours after i take it am up all night and most of the time i never make it to the bathroom

it makes me want to throw the n in the trash
it is not doing that much good bs is still very very high in the mornings between 300-400

have a doctors appointment monday the 4th going to see what he says

thanks

Hi Mary, sorry to hear of this very distressing problem, I hope that the doctor can help on Monday. We don't use R and N insulin here in the UK as far as I am aware, but I have read about it on other boards and understand them to be an older variety of insulin. It does sound as though the N is not really working well for you, given that your levels climb so high (17-22 mmol/l) and these high levels will most certainly be causing those urgent rushes to the bathroom. Hope the doctor can find a solution for you and you are able to sleep peacefully soon 🙂

mary101

thanks everyone

i was worried

think you are right i am not going take n anymore

see if doctor can put me on something else or just stay with r altogether

I hope the doctor is able to help you. Some medications do make you incontinent, my mum had some for somethinge else that made her wee at all sorts of inconvinient times.

If you don't mind using them, some people find an incontinence pad givea a bit of reassurance, although they don't solve the problem. Good luck withthe doctor

Good luck today Mary, let us know how it goes x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back