In your opinion, if my foot swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcflappers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey all

Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

I was diagnosed T2 in 21, since then I got my A1c from 86 all the way down to 34 in the back end of 21 and 33 in 23

However, I don’t know if it’s just because of the weather, or just my mind playing tricks on me, but do my feet look swollen to you? (I just want a second opinion)

Don’t worry about the ankle/legs (the ankles have always been big and the legs are how I found out I had diabetes in the first place so the doctors know about that)

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpeg
    IMG_0573.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 11
They definitely look swollen to me.
Have you tried walking? (if you are able) I find that a good walk can really make a difference to ankles that are starting to show sock cuff marks..... nothing as bad as the apparent swelling in your feet but exercise stimulates the blood flow and that helps to remove surplus fluid and keep your feet healthier. Maintaining good blood circulation in your feet is really important and regular walking improves that.

Yes, they look puffy to me, like you have some retained fluid or something. I had similar towards the end of my last pregnancy. I used to raise my feet when I was sitting down, which helped. Also, don’t sit too long and make sure your chair isn’t cutting off the circulation by pressing into the back of your thighs or knees.

Obviously if they get bad or you feel pain or have any other concerns, you should speak to your GP.

If you begin to have red patches or feel any pain, I'd advise contacting your GP or visiting a walk in clinic if that is possible.
I had really swollen legs and feet in the week after I got the first AZ Covid jab, and needed antibiotics. My right foot was most affected, and I have a sudden and excruciating painful return of of the problem. It was very quick to escalate, but I was, luckily, able to speak to the GP surgery by phone and send a photo to a website. I was contacted by a doctor a few hours later and got a prescription collected. That was yesterday, and there is improvement, but only from the tortures of Hell to agonizing. I am not sure if it is down to diabetes or the problems after the jab, or something else entirely but I will be very cautious in future about the slightest problem with my feet.
I hope that the antibiotics and doing what movement I can manage will resolve the issue - at the moment I am unable to walk, so do take care.

Just to update, went to the doctors, spoke to them about the fact my A1c is at 33 - nurse went to speak to another nurse who said that I shouldnt even be on metformin with a score that low, so there is going to be a review. Then went to a third nurse who did a once over on my feet, felt for pulses on the top and at the ankle, gave them a look over and said they are fine I have nothing to worry about.

She didnt do the prick test, but I did tell her that I can feel everything she is doing anyway, they are more concerned about my blood pressure, i suffer with white coat syndrome, really badly

Just to update, went to the doctors, spoke to them about the fact my A1c is at 33 - nurse went to speak to another nurse who said that I shouldnt even be on metformin with a score that low, so there is going to be a review. Then went to a third nurse who did a once over on my feet, felt for pulses on the top and at the ankle, gave them a look over and said they are fine I have nothing to worry about.

She didnt do the prick test, but I did tell her that I can feel everything she is doing anyway, they are more concerned about my blood pressure, i suffer with white coat syndrome, really badly
That was fast to get an actual appointment. I am glad to read that they found no cause for concern.
My foot feels like a bit of a battleground between the medication and whatever is going on.
I have my own blood pressure tester, bought from a Lloyds pharmacy very reasonably. Thankfully I still see normal numbers on that.

That was fast to get an actual appointment. I am glad to read that they found no cause for concern.
My foot feels like a bit of a battleground between the medication and whatever is going on.
I have my own blood pressure tester, bought from a Lloyds pharmacy very reasonably. Thankfully I still see normal numbers on that.
Yeah, I did an online consultation. Got a phone call around 10 minutes later asking me to go in for 10.45.

I am relieved to know that they think my feet are ok, however to settle my own curiosity I have ordered a monofilament kit off of amazon and will probably get my dad to check it with me every so often. (Can never be too careful) - The prick test. I pulled up a PDF guide for how to do it and can just print it off for my dad to follow.

They have prescribed me moisterisor, and told me that I should moisterize to stop my skin cracking (it isnt, but I think its a precautionary thing), which I understand.

Today looking at my feet my veins are a little more pronounced, so I personally think that the heat is playing some part in it.

I am sorry to hear that your feet suffer with changes. I hope it gets solved for you

another white coater here 🙂

I bought a home bp machine and took it into the doctors and got them to do a bp check on their stuff and mine.
Confirmed mine to be accurate (although bp high) and now they are happy to accept home readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back