Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
And to keep a certain member happy, a wee poll.

I think the conclusions so far are overwhelmingly in favour of a TOTAL BAN on green/sprout jelly babies! 😱 🙂

I can't answer that, because I don't hate the green ones, but they are my least favourite. I like sprouts, but don't love them. I'm awkward.:D

Looks like almost an even split for Brussels sprout jelly babies :D

Green jelly babies are winning!

green_jelly_baby.png
We are the championies!!!

So what we need is a jelly baby exchange, when we get a packet we extract the least favourite and send them to someone who likes that colour. It'd be like a jelly baby chain letter...

Not sure I know what Brussels spouts are 😉😛:D

Here you are Sue. They're members of the cabbage family, but while tolerate cabbage, I really loathe these things.

brussels_sprouts.jpg

Here you are Sue. They're members of the cabbage family, but while tolerate cabbage, I really loathe these things.

brussels_sprouts.jpg
Lol I know what sprouts are just you spelt them as spouts :D made me giggle

Lol I know what sprouts are just you spelt them as spouts :D made me giggle
Oops! So I did, mind you, I was sort of cross-eyed yesterday and wouldn't have seen an elephant if it was standing next to me, so spelling stood no chance. I don't seem to be doing well, spelling wise, to day either.

ETA. phooey, can't change it now either.

I wonder if the same chemical is in tiny Mr Green?

Surprisingly it could be your genes that determine your feelings about these controversial little vegetables. A 2011 study by Cornwall College found that sprouts contain a chemical, similar to phenylthiocarbamide, which only tastes bitter to people who have a variation of a certain gene. The research found that around 50 per cent of the world’s population have a mutation on this gene. The lucky half don’t taste the bitterness usually associated with sprouts, and therefore like them a whole lot more than everyone else.

Now you see they do taste bitter to me but I still really really like sprouts, must be the masochist in me (or is it sadist I always get them confused 😳)

Now you see they do taste bitter to me but I still really really like sprouts, must be the masochist in me (or is it sadist I always get them confused 😳)
You'd be a sadist only if you were inflicting your sprouts in me.

I really like sprouts and love Stilton cheese.
I decided that Brussels and Stilton soup sounded great. It was a Nigel Slater recipe, so it was bound to be good!!!!. It was a disaster. Gloopy, bitter, ...
I had made the mistake of choosing to do it for a large bunch of friends who came for soup and puds. Fortunately two other soups arrived.
We were left with a very large quantity of it. It did slightly improve with thinning with Turkey stock!!
Not one I shall try again.

But I still love Brussels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back