In T2 remission despite 5 Horsemen od Diabetes Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianf0ster

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've had normal BG levels since before I joined this Forum in 2019.

I've been officially in remission since early 2020 (2 consecutive HbA1C results in non-diabetic range).

This blog post set me on the path to remission (with help from people on the 'low carb community':

Last edited:
Somehow got wrong address for video:

I've had normal BG levels since before I joined this Forum in 2019.

I've been officially in remission since early 2020 (2 consecutive HbA1C results in non-diabetic range).

This blog post set me on the path to remission (with help from people on the 'low carb community':
Good to hear following low carb helped you. Are you still following a LCHF diet and IF too? I've always wondered if a high fat diet is helpful for cholesterol levels. How is it working out for you? 🙂

Hi @NeoUser Yes, I still eat LCHF and IF, since I don't expect that my body will miraculously start being able to handle all the carbs on the 'EatWell plate'.
I enjoy the HF part of LCHF because I love mature cheese and I eat two meals per day during week and OMAD at weekends just because when eating HF and LC I don't get hungry in the morning. I also find that when doing the prep work for my regular colonoscopies I find it easy to fast for 2 to 3 days.

Most people find that LCHF increases HDL and reduces Triglycerides, both of which are good for Cardiovascular health. In many /most it also has little effect on LDL but in my case (a slim TOFI T2 diabetic) it raised my LDL, so I'm keen to see the results of Dave Feldman's Lean Mass Hyper-responder study into LCHF/Keto and artery plaque in such individuals. I think he said there will e soe results in about a month.

I think I must be a Lean Mass hyper responder, as my LDL goes up when I cut carbs, but goes down when I eat more carbs. I find I can eat 70g of carbs in a meal without going out of the recommended boundaries.

I find my LDL goes up a bit when I am actively losing weight and goes down again when I am stable. My TC dropped slightly when I was diagnosed and started on LCHF from 5.2 to 4.5ish where it has been pretty stable for the past 4.5 years. Nurse would like me on statins but I am not interested at these levels and Consultant commented that my lipid results were good yesterday so I don't see any cause for concern.
My gut feeling is that soluble fibre is an important factor in managing my cholesterol and I use Fibre supplements (chia seeds and psyllium husk) daily to increase my fibre intake, plus plenty of fresh veg.

Hi @NeoUser Yes, I still eat LCHF and IF, since I don't expect that my body will miraculously start being able to handle all the carbs on the 'EatWell plate'.
I enjoy the HF part of LCHF because I love mature cheese and I eat two meals per day during week and OMAD at weekends just because when eating HF and LC I don't get hungry in the morning. I also find that when doing the prep work for my regular colonoscopies I find it easy to fast for 2 to 3 days.

Most people find that LCHF increases HDL and reduces Triglycerides, both of which are good for Cardiovascular health. In many /most it also has little effect on LDL but in my case (a slim TOFI T2 diabetic) it raised my LDL, so I'm keen to see the results of Dave Feldman's Lean Mass Hyper-responder study into LCHF/Keto and artery plaque in such individuals. I think he said there will e soe results in about a month.
Thanks for this. I'm interested to know what OMAD is though, can't work it out :D

Thanks for this. I'm interested to know what OMAD is though, can't work it out :D
One Meal a Day I think but stand to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back