In remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am in my sixties, and I have put my diabetes into remission by losing weight, eating sensibly and changing my lifestyle; no medication. It has been very straightforward and not that difficult to do this. My blood sugar levels have been stable for 4 years.

I am in my sixties, and I have put my diabetes into remission by losing weight, eating sensibly and changing my lifestyle; no medication. It has been very straightforward and not that difficult to do this. My blood sugar levels have been stable for 4 years.
Hello @Anne G, welcome to the forum and very well done with your D management. It is always great to hear success stories.

So many of us join this forum because we had problems - all sorts of different and some really challenging problems; so it's nice to hear a positive and balanced statement of success.

Hi @Anne G and welcome to the forum.

Understanding things, looking at what you can do to improve matters and then applying what you have worked out with a bit of determination is a good way to deal with most problems, diabetes included. Hope you stay with the forum and use your experience to encourage others who might be struggling.

Hi got the news this morning I am in remission after coming out of lockdown with T2. Great 74 th birthday present for 25 th of the month. No medication I followed a slimming group programme

Last edited:

Congratulations @Anne G - great to hear you have been able to get your diabetes into remission! Long may it continue for you 🙂

Me too Anne I got the news this morning. It’s great to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back