In pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
The last two days I've had the most appalling pain in my left heel, I can barely put weight on it (seeing doctor tomorrow). It feels a bit like standing on a sharp object and radiates up my ankle and calf. There's no sign of a wound or anything, nor is it swollen, hot or red but it hurts worse than my arm did when that was bad. I've been in tears with it today and have taken as much Ibuprofen as I dare. My bloods aren't great, but they haven't been sky-high this week. I'm baffled.

Oooh, someone else on here had that recently, I remember cos another online contact of mine had it too, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called....

Hope you're not in pain for too long Alison.

xx

my son to

My son has complained of this in both heels for the last couple of years Have had him to the doctors and his diabetic doctor. His is sometimes very painful also, enough to make him cry (he is nearly 11 Type 1 and well controlled) We have been told that it is just growing pains?????

me too ally as if i have a splinter or something but nothing there ..?:confused:
thought it might be start of veruccas but nothing ....

At 52 I doubt I have growing pains.:D That doctor of yours needs a thump. I had a verucca once, in my teens, it was awful enough but this pain is much sharper and the pills aren't making the slightest difference. I tried some of the Bio-Freeze stuff I had for my arm, but that didn't work either. I'm at my wit's end and don't know what to do with myself, I could do with some of Sam's Gabapentin.

better get down to the drug dealer then ally ....

hi mrs S sorry to go off thread but hows Mr S ...not giving you too many problems i hope X🙂

You could be right MrsS, going by the diagram, that's exactly where the pain is worst. I'll try those exercises and see if it helps. And yes, how is Mr S these days?

Plantar-Fasciitis !! That's it!! Thanks Mrs. Sharpwaa!!

Special kind of trainers advised, with extra heel support, I believe, for my friend.

xx

I hope the pain gets better. Glad you are going to the doctor, hopefully he will help get it sorted out.

I had the same problems several years ago - I think the common term is a heel spur? I know this sometimes has to be treated with cortisone injections - but I took ibuprofin and got myself a gel heel cup - after a week it all cleared up🙂

You can get the gel inserts in any pharmacy of large supermarket- worth a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back