In Norfolk? Or know someone who is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As some of you may know, for a while now I've been planning to set up a local support group here in Norwich. Well I'm pleased to say I have finally got the ball rolling.....

Following Shelley's fab lead with Circle D I'm very pleased that she's let me be associated with her group so hereby launch..... Circle D - Norwich!!!

Still very early days (or minutes even) and working on promoting locally so for the time being I have just created a Facebook as part of my spreading the word plans, so if you're in Norfolk, or can just spread the word, you can find it at

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=312836714888 (should say only just done it LOTS of work to do on the page/description)

It is me and a friend of mine (fortunately a nurse which should help) so over the coming months we will be feverishly promoting the group locally with a view to arranging our first meet up in May/June! Exciting, but busy, times ahead....!

Well done Aymes I wish you loads of luck with the group.

Good luck with the group. This forum is getting new members all the time, so hopefully more from Norfolk too.

Shameless plugging but as we've had so many new members in the last week or so I just wanted to bump this up a little!🙂

well done aymes for getting it set up xxx and good luck xx🙂

Hi Aymes,

I'm new here and only 3 months into a T2 diagnosis so I'm interested in joining in and maybe helping out if you need it.

TE

Hi Aymes,

I'm new here and only 3 months into a T2 diagnosis so I'm interested in joining in and maybe helping out if you need it.

TE

ha just read your hello thread and thought of putting you in contact with Aymes and here we are !!!

Good luck with that, support groups, run well, are just fantastic sources of help and friends and especially being with people where you don't feel the odd one out.

We go to our local kids support group and for us mums it is a godsend. We don't have diabetes but we do feel different from the others in the playground or party etc.

So hats off to you and I'll join your fb when I log on.

joined your Fb but am i too old ??? still if i am never mind i support you anyway xxx well done and good luck xx🙂

Good Luck Aymes - I think it's a great idea, even if I'm also too old (I am happy enough with the support from this site tho') :D

im in n orwich and up fpr this

Brilliant, glad to see a few new local members on here! Things starting to progress with the group, slow but steady progress!

The age thing is based on the original circle d which Shelley runs so that's the general area that we'll be focussing on, as it seems to ve where the gap is here. However it's really a rough guide and I can promise you we won't be checking ID!!

And thanks as well to the non local people who have joined, anything that spreads the word is really appreciated!

Just an update, we now have a web page!

https://sites.google.com/site/circlednorwich/

I've gone the free route for now, until we have our first meeting(s) and I know if it's going to work out or not! I'm still working on it but hopefully it's not a bad start!

I've added this site and DiDKA to the links page, hope that's ok, let me know if not!

Just an update, we now have a web page!

https://sites.google.com/site/circlednorwich/

I've gone the free route for now, until we have our first meeting(s) and I know if it's going to work out or not! I'm still working on it but hopefully it's not a bad start!

I've added this site and DiDKA to the links page, hope that's ok, let me know if not!

Good stuff aymes, hope you get lots of interest! Always good to have an extra link - it boosts your search engine ratings 🙂

Hey girl..... wow the website looks ace, am sooo excited that the Circle D name is being adopted more and more 🙂 There should be a Circle D in every town I say!!!!!!!x

P.s have added a direct link to your website on the circle d one 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back