In need of guidence

Bigkam1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi people im KAM nee to this wanted to join ùp somewhere where i can get help aand guidence im a type 2 and its been uncontrolled for many years now due to my situation but now iv settled and started doing the right things in order to progress my controll the problem i have is that when i check my bloods i get a reading saying HI then id check again later it would come down but still in the red area any ideas on what i can do to bring this down would be much appreciated and THANK YOU in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241002-122235.png
    Screenshot_20241002-122235.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20241002-183104.png
    Screenshot_20241002-183104.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20241003-225649.png
    Screenshot_20241003-225649.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 26
Hello and welcome.
For many people with type 2 the key to control of blood glucose is reducing carbohydrate foods.

Those are dangerously high numbers. Are you on any medication?

With levels this high you need urgent medical advice. Please call your GP for an urgent same day appointment, or call 111 for advice. Look up DKA also and if you have any symptoms go straight to A&E.

This isn’t the time to mess about with low carb, you need checking out to ensure nothing dangerous is happening, and medication to get your levels down.

As said above those are very high glucose levels and require immediate help. Please get medical help to reduce your levels.

Yikes those levels are worryingly high @Bigkam1

Please do get an urgent appointment with your GP, or go to A&E so that you can be checked over.

Let us know how you get on.

I hope you are now sitting in your GP or A&E but at the very least you should get the the pharmacy to get some ketone urine test sticks and check for ketones as high blood glucose and ketones is bad news.

I hope you are now sitting in your GP or A&E but at the very least you should get the the pharmacy to get some ketone urine test sticks and check for ketones as high blood glucose and ketones is bad news.
They were last seen at 05:43 yesterday so they won't have seen any of the posts about seeking medical attention. I hope they're OK.

Last edited:
Back