In case of power cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Don’t forget to keep your mobiles and Libre readers, or other Diabetes tech etc well charged, in case the storms take out the electricity.
I've just read something on the news about keeping your mobile charged, and it occurred to me that those of us reliant on charging stuff for our Diabetes management are particularly vulnerable. I've just plugged my Libre reader in, would hate to be without it.

Good thinking. Thankfully my Libre 1 reader charges really quickly and lasts for ages.... another good reason not to upgrade :D

Excellent idea.
I have a couple of travel battery power packs that I use to recharge phones when I'm away, and a lithium ion jump stater for the camper that also has a usb outlet.
All good backup.

all plugged in :D

I'm an old meanie with my handset for my pump (which takes 3 AAA batteries) and my rechargeable Libre 2 reader, I turn the screens off when I'm not actually using them because the bluetooth still communicates hence it's only when I need 'to see a picture on the screen' that the screen needs lighting up. Charge the reader every other night, cos it's easier overnight (even though it takes nowehere near that long) since I don't even have alarms turned on. Never ever yet been in the habit of having hypos or highs during the night and I'd spot that on first scan every morning after I get up anyway. (ie when I see the picture of the graph on the screen!) Hence if I did spot either, I'd do summat about it, but not from a one-off obviously.

I don't actually find it needs charging all that more often than the Libre 1 which my clinic told me would only need plugging in once a week, which was a big fib - 4 days max!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back