Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My last four BG readings at pre breakfast were below 7:-

Saturday = 6.2
Sunday = 6.9
Monday = 6.4
Tuesday = 6.3

So what you may ask, thats nothing special. But to me that is very special, for you see that since being diagnosed with diabetes four years ago, in that four years I have never had a breakfast BG reading below 7, there again I should'nt complain because neither have I had one higher than 8.3.
There were many times I complained to my consultant about these above 7 breakfast readings, but all he would say was do'nt worry about it because the rest of my readings were perfect and that my HbA1c was excellent and always below 6.5%. He also told me to stop seeking perfection 😱
I had tried many things to try to achieve my lower morning readings like splitting my Levemir dose, Taking higher percentage of my Levemir at night amongs other things.
So I thought it was now time to share my exciting discovery with you all by way of thanks for the help and knowledge gained from you on this forum.
If you need to get a pen and paper to write this down then go get one now ..go on then, I'll wait...........OK..you ready now......
I will try to explain this in plain english without using any technical jargon, to make it easier for everyone to understand, including me :confused:

I ate my bedtime toast at 9.15pm instead of 10.15pm..........and would you believe after four nights of this, I have had four morning readings below 7 for the first time in four years :D

The moral of this story for me is:-
Dont try to complicate things, try the easy option first.😱

Have a nice day, from a very happy John...

hi john thats great to heer those are very impressive numbers , keep up the good work and thank you for sharing it with us all

John thats brilliant. Keep up the good work!

Good news indeed.
Thanks for sharing.

Excellent news John! You've cracked it!🙂 Perhaps you should write a paper on it for the medical journals!😉

Well done John, that's brilliant 🙂 I love it when the answer is something so simple.

Well done John, on two fronts, firstly on getting your levels below 7 in the morning - pat on the back at least, and secondly for explaining it so I understood what you did, you nearly lost me in the middle but I stuck with it and got there.

Congrats John.:D

Well done John ... Keep up the good work .. :D

Heidi
xx🙂

Great news, John! Really pleased for you. 🙂

Hi John
Great readings, but does eating your evening toast an hour earlier mean that you blood glucose peak is also an hour earlier, while still in bed, before you test before breakfast?

Hi John
Great readings, but does eating your evening toast an hour earlier mean that you blood glucose peak is also an hour earlier, while still in bed, before you test before breakfast?

Hmm I was thinking along the same lines :confused: the peak is still there but not picked up on?
Anyway good work John , you have brilliant numbers anyway !! keep it up :D

Hmm I was thinking along the same lines :confused: the peak is still there but not picked up on?
Anyway good work John , you have brilliant numbers anyway !! keep it up :D
Hopefully being up and active would help to overcome the rise as you will be using more calories than you would when sleeping.

Hopefully being up and active would help to overcome the rise as you will be using more calories than you would when sleeping.

isn't the reading of 8.something now an hour before John wakes up though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back