im screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

da-mazzda-007

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi guys. i wanted to know if anybody had any good recipes that obv has no suger in it (or very little). i am type 1 and my dietician has told me i should be eating fruit and vedge along with fish etc.

the only prob is i dont like fish, fruit or veg which kinda limits what i can now have. every recipe i have somehow includes vedge and other garnish.
i don't no why i dont like fruit vedge or fish but i havent since i was a child and dont plan on changing this now. and good recipes that dont including fruit or vedge would be very usefull please.

p.s i do like carrots peas and potato and of course meat.

a good old speg bol is always a family faveor a home cooked curry the chicken is always good , the spag bol could be lean steak mince i i stopped having the garlic bread mind you which i miss lol. Maybe think about a risotto as well .

hi guys. i wanted to know if anybody had any good recipes that obv has no suger in it (or very little). i am type 1 and my dietician has told me i should be eating fruit and vedge along with fish etc.

the only prob is i dont like fish, fruit or veg which kinda limits what i can now have. every recipe i have somehow includes vedge and other garnish.
i don't no why i dont like fruit vedge or fish but i havent since i was a child and dont plan on changing this now. and good recipes that dont including fruit or vedge would be very usefull please.

p.s i do like carrots peas and potato and of course meat.

Wow , you are a tricky one !!!!! I am a Low Carber so I tend to eat a lot of Protein for meals. If you dont like veg, fruit, fish , that does narrow it down with regard to meals !! I tend to eat eggs , cheese , chicken breast , bacon, sausages, steak , prawns , and lots ot salads . sorry I cant help much more good luck and I hope it goes well for you .🙂

tricky i know. lol. i already do spag bol and shepards pie etc. do curry and the odd sunday dinners etc. i wanna try somthing a bit different, any recipies please?

maybe try looking around tomorrow at wh smiths or waterstones and get yourself a good cookery book i think they might be some recommendations on here under the books section, other then that type into google recipes for type 1 diabetics

well try doing chicken with potatoes. lots of ways to do potatoes to. i have about 30 different varieties of recipies for tasty spuds lol. like greek potatoes. just part boil then roast in a dish with garlic thyme and some olive oil. serve it with a nice piece of chicken and some tzatziki (think thats how to spell it) lol

Hi, Just to let you know that you are not alone.. I was veg phobic until 5 years ago. I was so bad that if someone used the same spoon for a veg then put it in the mash i wouldnt eat the mash because it had been contaminated with veg juice.. mad i know.. anyway hit 40 and dont know why but i asked to taste some cauli and OMG it wasn't that bad, i now eat nearly all veg apart from little things like peas and sweetcorn.

What veg have you tried? I like to try new things because it all tastes different, i like butternut squash, celeriac, fennel, corgettes etc, i have to but the veg a few time, it goes off and i throw it away then 1 day ill pluck up courage to try it!

have a little veg party and taste lots of things.. good luck xx

There are lots of recipes on the recipe board that might help. How do you feel about vegetable soup? I am vegetarian which has its own problems. remember whole meal and whole grain reduces the carb loading too.

Dabetes UK has a recipe section too.

Before buying any books, go to the local library and see what books they have. Also do a goole search as there is loads of stuff out there.

Good luck

I think you really need to try eating all sorts of fruit and vegetable, just for health in general - they are really important food. Have you ever seen the programme 'Freaky Eaters'? They always end up liking more fruit and vege than they ever thought they could.

Since you like carrots I would definately recommend carrot and parsnip soup because you cant really taste the parsnip in it and it's really nice. My favourite is carrot and orange soup, but it helps if you like the taste of oranges with that one 😉 Do you like smoothies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back