Im off to the seaside !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
finally we are off away to a secret part of devon for two weeks to eat lots of fish and lie in the sun ....so im not going to be around for a bit ...🙂

I ve been thinking alot about what to do next to improve my chances in my diabetic life and so, thought I d write down my thoughts and next goals for MY health
.....I was dx at 7.9 and put on 2x metformin and 1x satin a day and told I would need to loose 1... 1/2 stone ....after 3 months i was down to 7.2 and had lost well over 1/2 a stone my meds were imediately reduced to 1x metaform a day ....my next HbA1c i think was 6.8 so still droping but id lost no wieght continue with 1x metformin a day
then i found this place :D sept last year and my next one was 6.4.... but no further wieght loss...my last one was in april and i was 6.4 still ...my gp stated that they were good levels for me !!!and is very happy

my blood colestrol tests was 5.9 down from 6.5 as i am more aware of my food intake...however my gp (lovely man) doesnt want me back on statins they are pushing me for diet and excercise to sort that out ....

.so i spose what i am trying to say is i am proud to have managed... with seroius help from here to get my bs level for one year ....i know what to eat to control that ...now i need to look at diet alot more in relation to my colestrol
i would appreicate advice

my one to myself.... is ive done it for the bs side ...now i can do the same for the col ....

so i m now on my journey to reduce my col levels to < 5 and loose 1/2 stone and keep it off..... before xmas.....😱

and maintain my HbA1c at 6.4

one step at a time x
then i will be a happy banana
ban-woohoo.gif

I hope you have a lovely time, am! 🙂 Regarding cholesterol - look through the recommended books section. I've reviewed quite a few good books on how the whole cholesterol thing works and what to do to get it down to healthy levels, so you should be able to pick up some good tips there.

Also, congratulations on doing so well over the past year! We're so happy you joined us - you have been a huge support here (just look at your post count!) and we'll miss you for the next couple of weeks, but hope you have a lovely, fun-filled, relaxing and refreshing holiday! :D

i darent look at my post count !!
wink3.gif

i darent look at my post count !!
wink3.gif

Averaging 20 posts a day! I'm on 17 ppd, and Steffie is on 30 ppd! 😱

Between the three of us, we account for around 15% of all the forum's posts...

I We're so happy you joined us - you have been a huge support here (just look at your post count!) and we'll miss you for the next couple of weeks, but hope you have a lovely, fun-filled, relaxing and refreshing holiday! :D

i can second that am i will miss you while your away hun.One of the most supportive friendliest people i know xx enoy your hols x

Averaging 20 posts a day! I'm on 17 ppd, and Steffie is on 30 ppd! 😱

Between the three of us, we account for around 15% of all the forum's posts...

And just imagine is anne marie were still as prevelent.

After all that hard work keeping things under control, well done. You deserve a holiday, so send the diabetes to the dogs home or the cattery or wherever it is sent to for holidays and have yourself a brilliant time....

Hope you have a fantastic holiday :D xxx

Welcome to sunny devon when u arrive, phew its still warm down here lol, well done on your bs levels hope ur cholesterol levels will come down too & enjoy ur holiday 🙂 [/I]

h bee twinnie, have a cracking hols.

I'm heading doon south in a couple of weeks 🙂

Take care girl, hope all is well or more.

Happy Dayz

ROssi D)

have a great time Am - great and beautiful part of the country - and well done on goals - you've dun good!!

Last edited:
have a lovely time 🙂 xxx

Enjoy your hols and do not get too sunburned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back