Im now hooked up to saline....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacol4940

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And start a 2 week insulin trial on Monday 😱

good luck! It's the best thing I ever did (although unlike a lot of people I did'nt get the saline trial - I feel like I've missed out 😉)

If you have any questions we're all here to help where we can!

What pump are you on?

Thanks guys 🙂

I'm trialling the accucheck combo. Only problem is, is that there's no clip with this one as its a trail one and its been lost by a previous tester..... So it's just having to go in my pocket 😎

My pump is always in pocket appart from when on motorbike then clip 🙂

Hope it goes well. That's a good length of trila you've got there... plenty of set change opportunities to practice when the pressure's off!

Have you been given a variety of lengths/styles of set to try? Would be a good chance to try a few different spots too (sides/back/top of bum/thighs...) to see how they 'feel' in different places.

Thanks guys 🙂

I'm trialling the accucheck combo. Only problem is, is that there's no clip with this one as its a trail one and its been lost by a previous tester..... So it's just having to go in my pocket 😎

Good luck.....I'm sure you will love it, I have the same pump, never use the clip, always in my pocket! .......I bet your A1c will improve! It takes some time to get your Basals right and all the other differences with pumping......but boy it's worth it!

Hope it goes well. That's a good length of trila you've got there... plenty of set change opportunities to practice when the pressure's off!

Have you been given a variety of lengths/styles of set to try? Would be a good chance to try a few different spots too (sides/back/top of bum/thighs...) to see how they 'feel' in different places.

I've got a 6mm flexible set in my stomach at the moment (can't remember it's proper name lol) and I've got another one of the same to change tomorrow as a bit of practise. I chose this one as I could use the introducer with it. But there also the one that goes in at 45degrees and she did say that I could try too but is have to put that one in myself 😱

It's the 60cm length at the moment but i could do with some of the longer ones too - I wanted to try putting the pump in my bra but the tubing isn't long enough to reach from my stomach...

First nights sleep with it went fine, I just put it in my pj bottoms pocket, no problems 🙂

I have the same pump as you Sacol!

I started with the 8mm plastic with introducer needle as they were recommended as better (ie less noticeable if you do a lot of exercise as it's all plastic) - i've since gone down to the 6mm in my stomach and find them perfect. I don't use my legs and arms personally, but you can do.

I was advised that the angled sets were better for very lean people (those with not much fat on insertion sites), but if you're interested then you should definitely try them. Like Mike says, try and try until you find something that suits.

One final thing that might be interesting...for 3 years i used the insertion assist device. Then tried without a few months ago.....and haven't looked back. doing it yourself makes the device seem quite 'clunky' and jurassic IMO!!

good luck, keep us posted!

Just done a full set and cartridge change....took a while lol

any bits your found tricky?

any bits your found tricky?

Putting the cartridge into the pump....I couldn't get the plunger in the right place :confused:

how much insulin do you put in your vials? If you don't automatically fill them to 315u (ie maximum) then when you get to the stage where you insert the vial into the pump and the pump displays '315u', you might need to decrease that quite a bit (using either the up or down button) to get the plunger lined up with the bottom of the vial (if that makes sense) before starting the pump priming.

if that makes any sense!

Yeah I filled It to the max, but had to set it show 290 on the screen, but it took me a while to realise this.... I also pressed a wrong button and had to start again 🙄

I'm a month on the very same pump and meter. So far so good. The only thing is that I'm allergic to the plaster on the canula and have to put a layer on the stomach before I can put on the canula. Good luck with it.

I'm a month on the very same pump and meter. So far so good. The only thing is that I'm allergic to the plaster on the canula and have to put a layer on the stomach before I can put on the canula. Good luck with it.

Hi Ray,
the simple solution is to get a barrier spray called cavilin. Just spray it on and let it dry then insert your cannula.
Cavilon is available on prescription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back