Im not happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So after my thread on wonky needles I go to my Lloyds and tell them all about it so the lady on the front says ok I will get then main pharmacist for you,so she comes out I explain whats been going on with the needles and she says to me I'm sorry theres nothing I can do you will need to go to your GP's surgery and they will get you a script written out straight away, grr now got to get the bus to the surgery and more then likely hang around, Im sure some of you said i should be able to get them replaced at the chemist well not this ONE 😡

Last edited:
Did you keep the winky needles? Not everyone will replace stuff if you can't produce the faulty items you want to be replaced.

I hope you get it all sorted, good luck.

Did you keep the winky needles? Not everyone will replace stuff if you can't produce the faulty items you want to be replaced.

I hope you get it all sorted, good luck.

Yeah took the box with me hun and showed them one i had pre opened.Nevermind i'll have a moan to OH when he comes in and catch the 13.22 bus.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Might also pay you to contact the manufacturer (to tell them about the needles) and the head office of Lloyds Pharmacy too (to tell them about the pharmacists attitude).

Might also pay you to contact the manufacturer (to tell them about the needles) and the head office of Lloyds Pharmacy too (to tell them about the pharmacists attitude).

Thanks Caroline .I always thought the head pharmasist was canny there but now now .

So after my thread on wonky needles I go to my Lloyds and tell them all about it so the lady on the front says ok I will get then main pharmacist for you,so she comes out I explain whats been going on with the needles and she says to me I'm sorry theres nothing I can do you will need to go to your GP's surgery and they will get you a script written out straight away, grr now got to get the bus to the surgery and more then likely hang around, Im sure some of you said i should be able to get them replaced at the chemist well not this ONE 😡

ugh that's frustrating. The chemist should be more flexible as they are the one who are stocking the faulty product. I hope you can get the priscription straightaway, which I have a slight doubt about...
My husband is back from GP. He's got a sick note from GP with a wrong date on. (Should be 06/Aug, not 06/Jul) He has to go back to the GP to ask for correction...:(

Hi Steffie - sorry to hear about your needles. Just wanted to tell you that when I had a faulty Byetta pen, I tried the pharmacist first, like you would and he told me he would be happy to return it to the manufacturer for quality control but I had to get a new prescripton for a replacement one. Guess they are afraid of losing out if they don't get a refund - not right is it - that means we, the tax payer, stumps up again😡

Did get my script OK from my DSN - she took my order over the phone and it was ready for me when I called in. Lucky I had a spare pen though cos it takes the chemist a day or two to order them in for me.

Hi Steffie - sorry to hear about your needles. Just wanted to tell you that when I had a faulty Byetta pen, I tried the pharmacist first, like you would and he told me he would be happy to return it to the manufacturer for quality control but I had to get a new prescripton for a replacement one. Guess they are afraid of losing out if they don't get a refund - not right is it - that means we, the tax payer, stumps up again😡

Did get my script OK from my DSN - she took my order over the phone and it was ready for me when I called in. Lucky I had a spare pen though cos it takes the chemist a day or two to order them in for me.

Well I guess im only annoyed because i have to go out of my way to get the script,just after i sort my sharps bin this happens.🙄

well im away for the later bus but shall update on my return x

Hi steffie Oh what a pain for you, hope you get it sorted out quickly. Sheena:(

Sorry should have said got my needles had a funny look from receptionist at the surgery but nothing new there i dont like the miserable moo.

So happy ending x

Last edited:
Flipping heck!! If the needles are faulty your pharmacy should send them back to the Manufactuerer or at least report it to them! And replace them, they're not that expensive and it's your treatment that's being delayed.
When somebody comes to our pharmacy with a faulty pen (it's usually the hepatitis patients not diabetics by the way, i guess the diabetes clinic must be better at educating it's patients than the medical outpatients guys..) we look at the device and see if we can get it to work, sure, but we usually replace the pen right away, even if it's just because the patient has forgotten to prime the device properly. And if there's a genuine problem we'll ring up the manufactuerer and demand a replacement! I think i've only seen one byetta reject and that was over a year ago. We also try to take the phone number of the patient so we can call them back and tell them what the manufactuerer told us.
Part of my job is in Quality Assurance and we handle all the defective product complaints and we have to test all the needles and syringes that we use in the manufactuering parts of the pharmacy. It's boring but it has to be done, and you do get to squirt water around in syringes heheheh. Seriously i'm sure there's some rules about how you deal with defective products and i'm sure that your local is breaking them. You could write a snotty letter to head office about how your treatment was delayed (imagine if you were dependant on insulin!) and how unsympathetic (or just pathetic) the staff were.

Surely you should be serious about product complaints no matter what you're selling.

Flipping heck!! If the needles are faulty your pharmacy should send them back to the Manufactuerer or at least report it to them! And replace them, they're not that expensive and it's your treatment that's being delayed.
When somebody comes to our pharmacy with a faulty pen (it's usually the hepatitis patients not diabetics by the way, i guess the diabetes clinic must be better at educating it's patients than the medical outpatients guys..) we look at the device and see if we can get it to work, sure, but we usually replace the pen right away, even if it's just because the patient has forgotten to prime the device properly. And if there's a genuine problem we'll ring up the manufactuerer and demand a replacement! I think i've only seen one byetta reject and that was over a year ago. We also try to take the phone number of the patient so we can call them back and tell them what the manufactuerer told us.
Part of my job is in Quality Assurance and we handle all the defective product complaints and we have to test all the needles and syringes that we use in the manufactuering parts of the pharmacy. It's boring but it has to be done, and you do get to squirt water around in syringes heheheh. Seriously i'm sure there's some rules about how you deal with defective products and i'm sure that your local is breaking them. You could write a snotty letter to head office about how your treatment was delayed (imagine if you were dependant on insulin!) and how unsympathetic (or just pathetic) the staff were.

Surely you should be serious about product complaints no matter what you're selling.

I know Rachel im taking what Caroline said onboard and writing to the head .

consumer law clearly states that if you buy a product and its faulty in any way they have to take it back ,so the wife says lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back