i'm much happier now

Status
Not open for further replies.

recyclequeen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi guys

just thought i would let you know that i feel much happier about my diabetes now, i have just received my free identity chain and i d card, and i am finding my new eating regime really great.

I even love butternut squash, something i never thought i would like.

i am however a little apprehensive about next friday,as i have to go to the hospital for an MRI scan, a follow up from the seizure i suffered when i first discovered i was diabetic,its also to find out about a blockage i have in my right ear, which is currently making me deaf, once they know what it is they will tell me whether i have to have an operation or not to remove it, so that is scary.
At least i have the diabetes under control

thanks for listening recycle queen

Hi, so pleased that you are happier now about the diabetes🙂 I'm not surprised that you are apprehensive about the scan, but I hope that it goes well and that they are able to determine the cause of the seizure and your ear problem - let us know how it goes, and try not to worry too much🙂

Blimey recyclequeen! That is great news!

I hope everything goes ok with the scan, will you wait long for the results? I had an MRI last year after I broke my back and they gave me headphones and I got to chose what station I listened too! It wasnt half as bad as I thought. I hope you are not worried (you may have had one before already!). Im crossing my fingers for a good result for you anyway, and really well done you have got the diabetes under control 🙂

Take care xx

Hi Recycle Queen - I guess you're more worried about the results of the MRI than the scan itself? If so, this won't help much, but I had my first direct experience of MRI scanning this summer, as part of a research study into hypoglycaemia. Although the room and machine was noisy and somewhat clautrophobic, it was bearable, even though, as a part of the study, I was in there for about 1 hr, doing computer tests etc. Got a different type of photo of my head, but I don't think they do that for theraputic / diagnostic MRIs - it was part of a "thank you" for helping the study. As you can't have anything metal on you for the scan, you might want to think about what you wear eg no underwired bra, remove jewellery, although they can lend you theatre clothes if you need to remove any of yours.

Hiya
I had a couple of MRI scans a year ago , afetr having a stroke - it reminded me of a washing machine hahaha But as others have said music helps ... sorry to hear about your ear , the same thing happened , but I can manage ( convinced myself) .... could have been the stroke - same side lol
but I hope they sort you out

Hugs Mo

really great to hear from you RCQ and im s pleased your alot happier with the D xxx long may it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back