I'm moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm moving from Aberystwyth to Cardiff (not by choice) and my clinic here are just about to start my application for funding!

Once I tell them they will have to stop the application process and refer me to a new clinic in Newport won't they?

I don't want to go back to my old clinic in Newport - they were honestly the worst care team in the world!!! I think they will say that I don't need a pump and will try to kill me with Lantus overload like they did last time!!!

Very scared and stressed - if I don't get a pump I am totally screwed - my insulin resistance is getting worse - what shall I do?! :confused::(

Lauren, I am fairly sure that you can still go ahead with the pump application - even if your moving teams. But, to be on the safe side, I would just keep quiet about moving on and let the application go through as normal. Of course, you will have to travel to see them and do the pump start, but once you have done that you can then move to the new team. Lots of children on the other list travel half way round the country for their care as their local teams cant support pump therapy. One family live down in Cornwall and travel every three months for clinic up to Leeds. They still have their local team for normal blood tests etc - but any pump problems they refer to Leeds. This is very common - so try not to worry.🙂Bev

If you want to stay with your current team then you can stay, they will just have to apply to your new PCT for the funding once you have moved.
Teams don't usually refer people on, it's the new GP that would be doing that, so tell them you are staying with your old team. Plenty of us don't go to our local hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back