I'm having afternnon Hypos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm now keep having afternoon hypo's on a regular basis.

I've not changed the amount of insulin I'm taking. This is insulatard which I take in the evenings. I pretty much eat the same during the day Monday to Friday.
Breakfast, Mid morning apple, brown seeded bread sandwich with fat free yoghurt and a banana about 4 ish.

Could this warm weather be playing havoc? Or do I need to reduce insulin intake? My morning bloods are between 5 - 6.5 in the mornings.

I have been feeling rather of for over a week as well, got a very sicky feeling about me :confused:

It does sound as though you might need to adjust the insulin if the hypos are so regular. I went through a period just over a year ago when my lantus needed reducing eventually by 60%! I think you should have a word with the doctor, or DSN if you have one to see what your best course of action is. Some people do find that the weather can play a part - or even just the season e.g. longer days/more light can cause other changes in your hormone levels which may also affect their interaction with insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back