1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

'I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps today

Discussion in 'General Messageboard' started by louloulou, Sep 11, 2019.

1. louloulou

louloulou Well-Known Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 1
    Hows everyone else today Lou

2. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    Ah Lou!

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Do you have any idea why? Have you got things playing on your mind? Or are you struggling with something in particular?

Sometimes I find it helps me to get out of the house for a bit, even just half an hour, have a walk about in the fresh air (preferably somewhere green). Sometimes doing something that you like just for you is enough to give your day a boost... A bit of pampering like a bath, or taking a few minutes to sit in a coffee shop and watch the world go by... maybe a visit to a museum or art gallery.

Hope you begin to feel more yourself soon, and in the meantime never feel that you can't rant and moan here - especially if it's your diabetes getting you down :)

Sharron1, SueEK, louloulou and 2 others like this.
  3. SB2015

SB2015 Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hi Lou

Sorry to hear you are feeling down in the dumps today.
    Is it Diabetes specific, or other stuff which then makes our D more difficult to manage?

As Mike says, focus on something you enjoy and have a treat. I find doing something just for me reminds me that I am more than my Diabetes. Especially if I can get totally engrossed in something. That was what made me realise is meant by Mindfullness. It is filling up the mind with good stuff.

Feel free to have a rant in here, and as always do ask if there is anything specific we can help with.

SueEK and louloulou like this.
  4. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Oh Lou what`s up? we all get down in the dumpy days, except me. Have a look in the fridge/cupboard, dig yourself something yummy out and if you have any a nice glass of wine. Leave till about 7pm, sit down feet up, telly on, watch what you want just relax. Don`t forget to Bolus not that it matters now and again, give yourself a bit of me time, if there is something really troubling you and if you are willing , let the members know. Take care we are all here for you.

SueEK likes this.
  5. emmgeo

emmgeo Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Hi Lou
    Must be something in the air, I have been feeling down in the dumps for a few days, no reason why just feel a little low.

SueEK likes this.
  6. Fluffy unicorn

Fluffy unicorn Active Member

Parent
    Hi Lou.
    We are all in it together and here for each other, if you have the courage to talk we are all ears.x

SueEK and louloulou like this.
  7. Lucy Honeychurch

Lucy Honeychurch Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Sorry to hear you're having a bad day Lou. I hope you have a restful night and feel more like your usual self tomorrow x

SueEK likes this.
  8. Ditto

Ditto Well-Known Member

Type 2
    (((hugs)))

Greymouser and SueEK like this.
  9. louloulou

Type 1
    Hello Everyone thank you so much for all your lovely messages you all made me feel so much better. I had a better night sleep and watched some TV and had some me time. I have got a a lot of worries at the moment that are playing on my mind and had a lot of family loss before my illness. I am going to a concert tomorrow night which I am really looking forward to just hope I feel as good as today

Sending hugs to you all and thank you so Much Lou xx

10. louloulou

Type 1
    I hope you feel a lot better soon thank you for your kind words Lou x

emmgeo likes this.
  11. everydayupsanddowns

Type 1
    Hope you have a great time at the concert @louloulou - who/what are you seeing?

louloulou likes this.
  12. SB2015

SB2015 Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Look forward to hearing about the concert Lou.

louloulou likes this.
  13. rebrascora

rebrascora Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Good to hear that you are feeling brighter Lou. Hope you have a whale of a time at the concert? We now all want to know about it, so please give us a review of it when you get the chance.

SB2015 and louloulou like this.
  14. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Great your feeling more upbeat Lou, have a brilliant time at the concert, enjoy.:)

SB2015 likes this.
  15. louloulou

Type 1
    Hi Everyone I had such a amazing night Last night I am still buzzing everyone :>) it was a George Michael tribute night best one i have ever seen. I was such a huge fan of George and wham. I stayed awake till midnight did my injections between the concert feeling proud of myself and had a cheeky beer :>)

16. louloulou

Type 1
    I hope everyone has a super Weekend Love Lou

17. rebrascora

rebrascora Well-Known Member

Type 1
    So pleased you had a fab time and that you treated yourself to a beer. A treat now and then is as important for us diabetics as it is for everyone else. You have every right to be proud of yourself for managing it so well. Hope you have a great weekend too.

SB2015 likes this.
  18. everydayupsanddowns

Type 1
    Sounds like a fun night out Lou!

Pays to cut yourself a little slack every so often I think :)

louloulou and SB2015 like this.
  19. SB2015

SB2015 Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Well that sounds like a brilliant evening.
    Well done for dealing the D as just part of what you have to do.
    Don’t forget another bit of ‘me time’ today, and every day.
    You deserve it.

louloulou and rebrascora like this.
  20. emmgeo

emmgeo Well-Known Member

Type 2
    That's nice you had a great time Lou, onwards and upwards ready for more good times.

louloulou likes this.