I'm definately getting grumpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyS

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

I thought I would give you a smile on this red hot day.

I went to collect my monthly prescription on Friday and found several items were missing. I called into the Doctors surgery and had a word with the receptionist, telling her what was missing. Test strips, Microfine needles, and a few other things.

She told me that they can put some things on repeat and some things they cant.

This is where the grumpy side of me kicked in...... Oh really, well I have had having them on prescription for the past 4 years....

She then asked if I really needed them.. "Well I suppose I could find a way of sucking the insulin out of the pen and gargling on it and I'm sure I can guess my blood sugar levels before doing that so I don't gargle on too much of the stuff" I replied....

I checked today and the needles and test strips had gone onto the prescription and a few other things have disappeared.

I'm counting to 10 :D

I hate doctors surgeries, never seem to make things run smoothly. I had to call today for test strips. Need to order them every 2 weeks as they run out and after lots of discussion they have agreed to give me a whole extra box. How kind :D Just annoys me after 25 years i still need to fight for things i need to save my life to go on perscription. Apparently i don't need a glucagon kit or hypo stop :confused:

So there are advantages of living in the sticks. Our doctors surgery is also the pharmacy, so if the doctor prescribes you something you go and got it straight away. Phone in your repeat requirements and collect them 2 days later with a lovely smile from Donna, who has even added a repeat for me when I asked.

My husband is now on metformin, but our surgery still has not given him a blood glucose monitor, we have to guess what his blood sugar levels are🙄

My husband is now on metformin, but our surgery still has not given him a blood glucose monitor, we have to guess what his blood sugar levels are🙄

I bought my own meter, and they aren't that expensive these days.. I got the one touch ultra easy for ?7. You can also get free ones from some companies...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/promotions/bayer-meters.html

https://www.onetouchmeters.co.uk/?utm_campaign=AE48&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNvKmuzL66ECFReX2AodRHmvKg

on the above one I checked to see if diabetes treated orally would qualify and they do, it asks you for which meter you have (put in one touch ultra) and then hit go.. the first option is the ultra easy which I have.

I hope things get sorted.

Not all GP surgeries supply blood testing kits, although I am fairly certain reps take the meters into the surgeris as they want to sell lots of their companies testing strips.

If you can't get one from the doctor or the nurses, try looking round the companies as they give away meters. Also keep an eye on these boards as members sometimes offer spare unused meters for anyone in need.

I bought my own meter, and they aren't that expensive these days.. I got the one touch ultra easy for ?7. You can also get free ones from some companies...

Many thanks for this I have been to the site and entered so we will see if we are lucky, I'll let you know.
Carol

Unless you can get your GP to give you strips, bear in mind they are about 50p each. I quite often see about to expire meters at ?5 in my sainsbury's pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back