I'm dangerous in charge of pump kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had to do an unplanned cannula change so sat on the sofa putting the cannula into the inserter. I pulled back the inserter ready to use but something went wrong and the cannula, with needle😱 sprang out across the room where Susie had been sitting five minutes before. Luckily Susie wasn't there because five minutes before the advent calendar had fallen onto the wine glass which had covered Susie with champagne😱 It was genuinely only my first glass of the evening.....just glad that the cannula didn't hit anyone and wasn't pointing at me when the needle came out at a very fast speed

Hi Amanda,

I cant resist asking you what you do for an encore????!!!!!!!!!Perhaps wrapping the christmas present up with a line of tubing - or using the reservoirs to make crackers........😉🙂Anyway - sounds like fun - just watch out for the chandelier!:DBev

You hadn't pulled it back home properly, pull it back and waggle the feet before you load the ammo. LOL

I usually manage to shoot em into the pad of my hand rather than across the living room, don't try it, it s*??ing well hurts !

Fly well though, don't they?

I managed to shoot one across the room and into the wall!! 😱

It scared me that it was so well embedded! No wonder I don't like doing it!!

If it makes you feel better, my first introduction to cannulas & the link assist plus was the diabetic nurse doing just that - it was the first time she'd seen a 'plus' cannula & inserter & it ended up shooting the cannula into her office noticeboard! 😱 :D Nearly put me off the idea of pumping lol... 🙂

OMG Twitchy that would have put me off that is scary😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back