I'm celebrating .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
... letter from GP this morning asking me to make a non urgent appointment to discuss my latest blood test results left me with a slightly sinking feeling. Rang surgery and - much to my surprise - was offered an appointment this evening.

HbA1c 5.8 despite various illnesses and holidays over the last 3 months and, as it has been 5.8 and below for the last 9 months, I can stop the gliclazide as "whatever it is you are doing is working". We agreed that I would stop after Christmas so I can be a little more lenient with my diet

Medically speaking I don't need to lose any more weight either - personal vanity says I do tho so coming off the gliclazide should help.

Looking forward to a life without gliclazide-induced hypos even if I have to do more exercise 😱 along with carb counting

What a Chirstmas present!

thats a great xmas pressie vanessa really gr8 numbers there hun well done you , kick back and enjoy xmas xxx

GreatNews.jpg

Brilliant present and all the more reason to celebrate. Well done.

That's wonderful news. I must admit I've been a lot happier since they took me off that stuff. Congratulations.

Fantastic, well done. What a great Christmas present. 🙂

Great News

... letter from GP this morning asking me to make a non urgent appointment to discuss my latest blood test results left me with a slightly sinking feeling. Rang surgery and - much to my surprise - was offered an appointment this evening.

HbA1c 5.8 despite various illnesses and holidays over the last 3 months and, as it has been 5.8 and below for the last 9 months, I can stop the gliclazide as "whatever it is you are doing is working". We agreed that I would stop after Christmas so I can be a little more lenient with my diet

Medically speaking I don't need to lose any more weight either - personal vanity says I do tho so coming off the gliclazide should help.

Looking forward to a life without gliclazide-induced hypos even if I have to do more exercise 😱 along with carb counting

What a Chirstmas present!

Dear Vanessa,

It's so good that your efforts have paid off and you can now stop the glic'. I get the "whatever it is you are doing - keep it up" phase every year and find it a little disconcerting. I feel that they're acknowledging our success but don't really want to know how we did it! Maybe I'm just too touchy.

Warmest Regards Dodger

brilliant news well done🙂

Great news Vanessa! Congratulations!

You are clearly on the right road. Keep it up!

Best Wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back