I'm back

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1dnc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Finally, finally I managed to get the first flight home last Sunday night and got home Monday lunchtime after 8 months away. I was on my last box of cannulae and reservoirs, and my last vial of insulin. I would have been able to get more insulin on island, but pump supplies would have been a lot trickier. Incidentally, the flight was absolutely packed to the overhead lockers and pretty horrendous. At least we don't have to quarantine as we were coming from a 'safe' country.

Tuesday morning I emailed my clinic to give them the happy news, and I got a reply by return from my pump DSN to say that in anticipation of my return they had already obtained approval for my pump upgrade. Now that they knew that I am back, they'd put an order in for the new one. I'm going with an Omnipod this time. Bless you NHS.

Welcome back!

It sounds like you made it back in the nick of time.
Glad that your DSN was on the ball.

Welcome home.

Good news all round for you by the sounds of it!

Welcome back, I hope you enjoy the omnipod let us know how you find it.

Welcome back from another podder!

Thanks for all your welcome backs. I can't believe that I'm back and autumn is round the corner - the trees in our garden are already starting to turn. I feel like I've missed out on a proper summer, and I love English summers so much. Hey ho!

Delivery of the Omnipod has been delayed until later this week. Apparently there's an upgraded Dash PDM on the way. I'll let you know how I get on.

I am sure you will enjoy the new pump when it arrives.
The ‘benefits’ of T1, we get all this excitement every four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back