Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Good morning

I’ve not been in here for a while but I’m looking for some guidance/reassurance if possible?

I managed to reduce my blood sugar level to just inside the pre- diabetic range back in May through diet and have been maintaining consistently.

However, I have just started antibiotic treatment for a UTI which I have probably had for up to two weeks but didn’t recognise the symptoms.

This morning my blood sugar reading was higher than I would normally get and my 2 hr post breakfast is the highest I’ve ever recorded at 9.6

I have a temperature and I’m drinking plenty of plain water. Is this normal during periods of infection/illness? I’m feeling more anxious about my blood than the kidney infection.

Infection is one of many things that can raised blood sugar, some find the have raises before other symptoms of an illness or infection.

My blood sugar shot up dramatically when I had a bad kidney infection. It came down quite quickly after the antibiotics did their job, but it's still work in progress.

Nice to see you again @KGL

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hopefully the antibiotics will knock it on the head pretty swiftly.

There’s some information about handling illness when you dive with diabetes here:

Get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back