IGA condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb90

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

Through my routine Blood and urine checks at outpatients the doctors have discovered that I might have IGA(a kidney disorder). The doctors are waiting for the biopsy to confirm it, they have told me that it is not because of my diabetes, but it could have increased my chance of developing it. Does anyone have this problem or can shed some light on the link to diabetes if any.

Cheers
wb90

It sounds like there is an optimistic outlook on future treatments, so again, I hope you can get the early treatment and that it isn't a big problem for you.

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for your comments and the link. It looks like there is no connection to diabetes so just bad luck I guess.

Anyway Cheers,
wb90

Hi,

Thanks for your comments and the link. It looks like there is no connection to diabetes so just bad luck I guess.

Anyway Cheers,
wb90

Diabetes has such a complex effect on so many systems in the body, it's probably very hard to prove or disprove either way with a lot of things. Many doctors will almost immediately blame the diabetes and stop looking for other causes, so it's good to hear yours are more on the ball 🙂

Thats how I found out that I had kidney probs ......... I have a very rare condition of the kidneys ... I am waiting to go onto Dialaysis but at the mo have too much protein haha . one thing after anothere with me .... ah well never mind. so I wish you all the luck in the world 😉

hugs mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back