If you were to run out of pods (omnipod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uselesspancreas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok so after totally forgetting to re-order ( blaming being ill with covid)
I realised if I'd completely run out before the delivery ( I didn't I used my spare)
How would you know what to jab on the meantime ? re Basel dose etc.
Asking as I'm curious but very much thinking I won't do that again
( stressful 3 days hoping the delivery came in time - it did.) Phew

Somewhere in the menus, or when you are setting up your basal pattern, it should tell you the total basal for the 24 hour period. Which is the same amount of basal that you should inject if you have to go back to MDI (you’ll probably have to round it to the nearest unit)

Somewhere in the menus, or when you are setting up your basal pattern, it should tell you the total basal for the 24 hour period. Which is the same amount of basal that you should inject if you have to go back to MDI (you’ll probably have to round it to the nearest unit)
My understanding is that you need more basal when injecting than with the pump. However, taking the pump total is probably not a bad start

I take pump breaks and initially use the same amount of basal as I use on my pump. This usually needs increasing, but I start on the same amount as the pump just to be safe. I use a twice daily basal and find I need more in the morning than at night.

That’s what the DSN and consultant tell us to do. So far we’ve been lucky and never had a pump failure so can’t comment on how well it works!

Would just give same basal dose as currently do on pump, if it wasn't enough would just correct with bolus dose for day or 2 as Omnipod delivery is usually fast enough after phoning.

Was told by dsn not to run to low on pods, so always order more when get down to last box with 6 pods left.

Last edited:
Would just give same basal dose as currently do on pump, if it wasn't enough would just correct with bolus dose for day or 2 as Omnipod delivery is usually fast enough after phoning.

Was told by dsn not to run to low on pods, so always order more when get down to last box with 6 pods left.
Yep that's what I usually do but as I was so ill with covid I completely forgot.
The delivery arrived at 4pm on the Wednesday when it was due to run out at 11 pm I was twitchy just in case.

The delivery arrived at 4pm on the Wednesday when it was due to run out at 11 pm I was twitchy just in case it didn't arrive in time but panic averted.
Thanks for your replies I will take note just in case if future issues.

I think Omnipod are now trying to offload Dash pods prior to the introduction of Omnipod 5. I ordered two boxes this week and received 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back