If you don’t love dark chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I’ve found these chocolate bars really good. I’m not a massive fan of dark chocolate. These taste much more like milk chocolate. I thought I’d post as currently there is an offer on Amazon. Think they are 7g carbs per bar. I find half a bar is enough for my fix. Usually £20 for a box currently £12

Attachments

• 640E61CC-DAEF-40EB-83A6-BCF1C4800910.jpeg
    640E61CC-DAEF-40EB-83A6-BCF1C4800910.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 30
I think it’s a milk alternative but I’m not entirely sure
They are only 22g bars. Ingredients. Can't see the nutritional info on Amazon.
Raw cacao butter*, coconut sugar*, raw cacao powder*, creamed coconut*, lucuma powder*, natural vanilla flavour (0.2%). *Certified organic. Cocoa solids 52% minimum.
The reviews weren't very good though but you have obviously found them OK

I found the nutritional on Amazon. Just thought it worth a mention.

Attachments

• 4E16F083-4074-43BC-BD0D-D0CEBC83A83A.jpeg
    4E16F083-4074-43BC-BD0D-D0CEBC83A83A.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 8
Oh I hate dark chocolate, I’d rather have none than dark I’ve been getting my sweet fix with peanut butter I think it’s been my saviour

Even when I was little I much preferred Bournville to Milk. Was it because my dad always bought mom a box of Black Magic for Xmas and birthdays - and we could only have one if offered by her, thus making them special?

Bournville choc and a crispy crunchy green apple. (Memories!)

I much preferred Bournville to Milk
See to me I don't think of it as "dark", it only skims in to the category of dark chocolate by just 1% more than what it needs to be classed as dark and it's first listed ingredient is sugar, for me to class a chocolate as dark cocoa mass should be it's first listed ingredient and needs to be far more than 36% minimum cocoa solids xx

Well forget the halo chocolate I posted… just realised the dairy milk 30% less sugar chocolate has about the same carbs as the halo. I actually prefer that to the original dairy milk.. or so I keep telling myself.

Well forget the halo chocolate I posted… just realised the dairy milk 30% less sugar chocolate has about the same carbs as the halo. I actually prefer that to the original dairy milk.. or so I keep telling myself.
Oooo really? Might have a look at that for the occasional treat further down the line x

See to me I don't think of it as "dark", it only skims in to the category of dark chocolate by just 1% more than what it needs to be classed as dark and it's first listed ingredient is sugar, for me to class a chocolate as dark cocoa mass should be it's first listed ingredient and needs to be far more than 36% minimum cocoa solids xx
Which other dark chocolate was easily available in the UK in the 1950s then?

Which other dark chocolate was easily available in the UK in the 1950s then?
I think Fry's did a dark chocolate but it had a minty cream middle.
What about Black Magic and Terry's All gold.
Interesting that Chocolate used to be a savoury drink with spices.
Hairy Bikers put dark chocolate in Chilli con Carne.

Yup, Frys did do a dark choc mint cream bar and of course Terrys made All Gold, but mon preferred Black Magic. I was meaning bars of dark chocolate though! In the late 60s/early 70s, Terry's did a dark choc Waifa and there was an After Eight chocolate bar, which was actually 2 mega thin bars and must have been higher choc, most didn't like it cos it tasted slightly bitter ! - and they stopped making it. Oh and of course, Thorntons once I was at work in Birmingham, they didn't originally have a shop anywhere else.

But, when I was a child it was Bournville or nowt if you wanted a bar of dark choc.

I have these and they are lovely 21g per 100g, they come in 15g bars .Screenshot_20220221-192247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Interesting thread.

I dislike 90% dark chocolate (Lindt) and I dislike milk chocolate (Cadburys) BUT I discovered that if I melt both in a 50:50 ratio the mixed and solidified result is delicious. Taste, texture, melting point (in the mouth), etc. Oh and 8g carbs for 22g chocolate mix. Hmm a tad high.

Strange but true (for me)

Last edited:
Frys & Bournville wont anything like dark chocolate compared to what's available now, 85% cocoa is about limit for me, 100% would be to much.

Yup, Frys did do a dark choc mint cream bar and of course Terrys made All Gold, but mon preferred Black Magic. I was meaning bars of dark chocolate though! In the late 60s/early 70s, Terry's did a dark choc Waifa and there was an After Eight chocolate bar, which was actually 2 mega thin bars and must have been higher choc, most didn't like it cos it tasted slightly bitter ! - and they stopped making it. Oh and of course, Thorntons once I was at work in Birmingham, they didn't originally have a shop anywhere else.

But, when I was a child it was Bournville or nowt if you wanted a bar of dark choc.
Ooh! Memory lane! I preferred dark chocolate as a child, and occasionally a bar of After Eight chocolate would appear in the house, and it was definitely more bitter than Bournville. It was a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back