Type 1
If everyone had diabetes,
I wonder what the world would be like?
Would we give up our motorised transport
And all travel round on a bike?

For I?m guessing we?d all be more active,
And eat fewer biscuits and buns,
And maybe some chemist would come up with
A sweetener that doesn?t cause the ?runs?!

We wouldn?t treat children with chocolates,
Nor feed them on pizzas and pies,
They?d learn from the start about footcare,
And how to look after their eyes.

Our food would contain far less sugar,
And we?d choose with more care what we ate,
There?d be warnings, like cigarettes, on packaging,
And we wouldn?t pile so much on our plates.

Maybe we?d see rapid progress
On things now affecting us all,
So we wouldn?t need charity for funding,
And the politicians all would play ball!

Maybe one day it will happen,
For we?re 300 million strong,
And the way that the world seems to be heading,
The rest will all join before long!

😉😱:D

Great one, have you noticed in Star Trek no one ever has anything like diabetes or asthma or any auto immune problems? I wanna go and live on the Star Ship Enterprise...

Great one, have you noticed in Star Trek no one ever has anything like diabetes or asthma or any auto immune problems? I wanna go and live on the Star Ship Enterprise...

Beam me up Scotty!

Actually re-reading that you have to be careful where you place the emphasise on that statement!:D

Beam me up Scotty!

Actually re-reading that you have to be careful where you place the emphasise on that statement!:D

Eew! Now I need to scrub out my mind with soap to get rid of that image.:D The number of times I've wished to be beamed up since all this started is beyond counting.

Another great poem Northe.

Great poem, says so many things so very well. sorry im not elloquent like you but hopefully you get what I am trying to say!

Oh & I would also like to be on the Starship Enterprise.. Mainly cos I rather like Capt Piccard :D

Great poem Northey especially like the second verse 🙂🙂

Thanks for another great poem!

I like it ! :D

Excellent, well that means that none of them are gay then either !!!

Sorry couldn't resist - spilled over from another thread where some bozzo (not on this forum) thought that someone on this forum was gay because his diabetes made him be gay, so the Star Ship crew are all straight as a dye then !!!!!!!

Star Trek geek alert!!

They have glucagon in Star Trek, which makes me worry that they haven't found a cure for diabetes yet, which seems very unfair. They arn't trying hard enough!😛
I agree with whoever about Captain Picard, he's the best...although the new Kirk is a bit of alright...

Excellent, well that means that none of them are gay then either !!!

Sorry couldn't resist - spilled over from another thread where some bozzo (not on this forum) thought that someone on this forum was gay because his diabetes made him be gay, so the Star Ship crew are all straight as a dye then !!!!!!!

I always wondered about Kirk and Spock.

great poem 🙂 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back