Identities in preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopiert

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I noticed the social connections in the preferences are quite dated. Is there any chance to update them to include Instagram etc.

ICQ anyone!

Nick

Just been into my own Profile and clicked onto my 'Preferences' to see what you're on about - and the heading Social Pref ain't there - probably because my Profile is so old now!

At the bottom of the Account Details tab there is an Identities section, presumably where you can enter the name you are known by on other platforms. I doubt anyone other than the OP (& now me!) has ever visited it.

1705427048021.png

I believe admin can add other fields if they feel so inclined but probably a bit pointless if no one uses it!

Yes, @RBZ5416 is right - scroll down from account settings to see them

As to why, many like to share part of their life on Instagram, particularly if they have a hobby or passion. My Instagram feed is full of artists. Not for everyone of course.

A member on here joined the same motorhome forum my husband and I have been members of for years, using the same User Name as on here - so I just sent her a private message and asked 'Are you the same User Name person as on the DUK forum?' and they said Yes. However as far as I know our paths have not crossed in real life anyway, so I don't see 'linking in other ways' as being of any interest really TBH.
I'm still on 'Linked In' and they keep sending me emails telling me people have looked at my Profile - mainly from firms involved in the insurance broking field - I've been retired from working since the mid noughties, after I was unemployed and got myself a new job by other means ie by ringing people I already knew anyway, and you can't unsubscribe from it without knowing your password which I don't, since I've literally never actually used it, someone suggested it might be useful in about 1999 ish, so I just decided I may as well have a look, then. Also does the Facebook thing, suggesting people you might know to 'add to your circle' most of whom, should I actually wish to communicate with - I'd just ring anyway!

A member on here joined the same motorhome forum my husband and I have been members of for years, using the same User Name as on here - so I just sent her a private message and asked 'Are you the same User Name person as on the DUK forum?' and they said Yes. However as far as I know our paths have not crossed in real life anyway, so I don't see 'linking in other ways' as being of any interest really TBH.
I'm still on 'Linked In' and they keep sending me emails telling me people have looked at my Profile - mainly from firms involved in the insurance broking field - I've been retired from working since the mid noughties, after I was unemployed and got myself a new job by other means ie by ringing people I already knew anyway, and you can't unsubscribe from it without knowing your password which I don't, since I've literally never actually used it, someone suggested it might be useful in about 1999 ish, so I just decided I may as well have a look, then. Also does the Facebook thing, suggesting people you might know to 'add to your circle' most of whom, should I actually wish to communicate with - I'd just ring anyway!
I am obliged reluctantly to be in a Facebook to do with my craft work but get totally fed up of messages from people I have never heard of wanting to 'friend' me. Why should I want to? they may be very nice people but No.

Yes, @RBZ5416 is right - scroll down from account settings to see them

As to why, many like to share part of their life on Instagram, particularly if they have a hobby or passion. My Instagram feed is full of artists. Not for everyone of course.

Thanks for explanation @Kopiert

It makes sense now ,& can see why someone would want to have feeds to elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back