IDDM day *rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
http://www.iddtinternational.org/

scroll down and you will see a thing about the diabetes day they are running this saturday in birmingham.

Our ?Day Out With Diabetes? is aimed at everyone who has a connection with diabetes, whether you have diabetes, you live with someone with diabetes or you are a healthcare professional helping people with diabetes. We are here to help and support you all.

so i emailed about times etc and got told about 'sending in a cheque for the ticket'. don't get me wrong i wasn't surprised by having to pay SOMETHING, but then i discovered it would cost ?22.50. TWENTY TWO POUNDS FIFTY. per person (my partner was going to come with me).

i'm pretty angry that i'm being completely priced out of what looked to be an interesting day (covering topics such as different carb diets, animal insulin, pumps, using tai chi daily etc). i don't know, maybe this is me just being naive and not having been to one of these events before, but that's not something i can afford.

grrrr. i was really looking forward to it 😡 i feel like IDDT have made it really exclusive??

Sounds like daylight robbery to me. You should boycott the event.

Sounds like daylight robbery to me. You should boycott the event.

spend the dosh on 2 return tickets on the bus to london meet...you may? have lots more fun...you may (?)find out more stuff... and we might send the elgan marbles back...😱Wot ?

ps i m disguisted that hienz beans low salt and sugar are well more expensive than normal beans...how can they justify it there is less stuff in it ??

spend the dosh on 2 return tickets on the bus to london meet...you may? have lots more fun...you may (?)find out more stuff... and we might send the elgan marbles back...😱Wot ?

ps i m disguisted that hienz beans low salt and sugar are well more expensive than normal beans...how can they justify it there is less stuff in it ??

You need to read my poem 'Low GI Bread':

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2009/05/low-gi-bread.html

:D

And yes, I agree that ?22.50 is extortionate.😱

you could go see a decent band for that price!

I saw there was something going on in bournemouth and was interested in in until I saw the cost, think it was even more expensive than that! but I think it might have involved a 3 course meal & some very dodgy entertainment! The cost totally put me off 😱

People want to make money from anything nowadays. The phrase used to be they'd sell the drippings from grandmas nose if they could to describe this kind of extortion....

That is really expensive.

Also where has this event been advertised? I live in Stoke so get midlands TV etc, i have balance mag etc but this is the first i knew about it.

Maybe if they had more people going they could reduce costs!

Julie x

Yikes. That sounded interesting til you mentioned the price!

What a con!! I'd spend the money on a good evening out for the pair of you!!

xx

Balance magazine is produced by Diabetes UK, so would hardly advertise an event by a "rival" diabetes organisation such as IDDT.

Balance magazine is produced by Diabetes UK, so would hardly advertise an event by a "rival" diabetes organisation such as IDDT.

They don't even advertise things from their own organisation - us!😱🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back