Ice cream

Largesse1!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anybody tell me the best ice cream I can eat for type 2?
I’m afraid my answer would be none. I’ve Found Greek Yoghurt with pomegranate seeds to be yummy if that helps. I’m sure some will enjoy ice cream with sugar alternatives but I find the best way to avoid the temptation of sugar is to re-educate my palette. I know love tastes other than sugar much more - it drowns everything else out.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I compromise by enjoying a tiny bit of Carte d'Or vanilla, amounting to approx half a flat scoop but using a small spoon rather than a scoop if you see what I mean. I savour every millilitre of it!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
unless you make it yourself then it isn't the sort of thing to indulge it - anything in the shops, even the lowest carb ones, are just so high in carbs, usually sugar, and having got used to low carb, they really do not taste nice.
I have an ice cream maker and create egg and cream custard to pour into it - then you can add in anything you like in the way of flavourings, or scoop it out and add in whatever takes your fancy. A splash of alcohol, a swirl of fruit puree, or the flavours used in cooking - even a tiny amount of honey (I coat chopped walnuts in a teaspoonful) but you need to be careful as it is all too easy to decide to have a taste and end up licking out the bowl.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I think your BG meter would be a good bet.

We had a thread recently where people shared rheir food nemesis and happy discoveries, and several people said that ice cream wasnt too bad for them - but as always, Your Diabetes May Vary, and you really need to check for yourself, because your gut biome and metabolism may handle things very differently from someone else :)

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It depends entirely on your own personal reaction to it.
All of us are different, as are ice creams!
Do you have a meter, and do you test?

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
if you want to find out what effect anything you happen to eat has on your blood glucose, you'd be better advised to try this method -