IBS information please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Any one know anything about IBS? My tummy is doing all kinds of strange things and I just wanted to get a few facts straight before heading to the doctor with a diary and diagrams. May not be IBS may be something else, but I want to get it checked.

Have your meds been changed recently? I've noticed that I get plumbing upsets and odd pains whenever the doctor changes my dosages.

Thanks for replies. Meds haven't been changed, but there are one or two things I have changed myself, so am keeping an eye on things. I have started my diary to see if it falls into a pattern.

Any one know anything about IBS? My tummy is doing all kinds of strange things and I just wanted to get a few facts straight before heading to the doctor with a diary and diagrams. May not be IBS may be something else, but I want to get it checked.

Hi Caroline
I have IBS, diagnosed late last year if you want to ask me anything feel free or send me a pm, not sure if i'll be much help but you never know 🙂
Em x

Thanks Em, if I need anymore information I'll contact you. RWJ posted a link which described most of what I am feeling. I am now armed with a dairy to see if it falls into a pattern as someone I work with experiences something similar and has a gluten intolerance.

Thanks Em, if I need anymore information I'll contact you. RWJ posted a link which described most of what I am feeling. I am now armed with a dairy to see if it falls into a pattern as someone I work with experiences something similar and has a gluten intolerance.

I notice I get worse with different types of foods so I have had to change my diet totally but bright side is it has also helped my diabetes coz now I eat healthy more than normal 🙂 also if you are having trouble with a swollen painful stomach ask your doctor for peppermint oil tablets, they work wonders for me

Thanks for the tip,I also find peppermint teabags help too. I keep peppermint tea in for hubby as he can't have antacids with his medication and the peppermint helps when he sometimes gets indigetsion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back