iam now on inserlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracken8

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
at the start of the month i was put on inserlin stilll waiting for bs to fall below 11.8 iam on 12 at the moment 124 tomorrow taking to long for me i want it to work now

at the start of the month i was put on inserlin stilll waiting for bs to fall below 11.8 iam on 12 at the moment 124 tomorrow taking to long for me i want it to work now

Hi bracken8. It does take a little time in the early days to get the amount of insulin right, they probably don't want to give you too much at frst but gradually increase it. What insulin are you on? You will get there!🙂

thank you

iam on hurmin I i take 1 dose 1/2hr before breakfast iam also on tblts metformin 4 a day with evening meal

iam on hurmin I i take 1 dose 1/2hr before breakfast iam also on tblts metformin 4 a day with evening meal

I'm not sure, but I think Humalin I is a medium acting insulin. A lot of people get prescribed a slow-acting like levemir or lantus to start with, but I presume this gives you an extra 'boost' through the day to help cope with your meals. Are you in touch with your doctor to see if you need to increase the dose? As I said, it takes a little while to adjust, and you've not been diagnosed very long so just do your best with eating healthily and getting some exercise too if you are able (the exercise will make you more sensitive to the insulin if you make it a regular thing!)

inserlin

i try and go to the gym 3 times aweek as this was a doctors referal find it hard with 2 young children will keep going thank you for your help

Hi Bracken, I hope the insulin works out for you.

I was refered to the gym by my GP, but they could only fit me in in the middle of the day, so impossible for me to go as I wrok full time and I wasn't allowed time off unless my doctor would write and say it was medically necessary. I know the gym works out for lots of people, so I hope you can keep up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back