I wrote this for Simone3112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Brownlow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Simone - I didn't want to hijack your thread so started a new one and thought I'd see if I could give you a smile!

Here's my poem...

Late in August I got diabetic
In the middle of my life so hectic
It really won't beat me down
And I shall wear a winner's crown
There's no other disease I would pick
Even if this one makes me sick
Cos every time I think of my curse
I think I'm lucky...

It could be worse!🙂

I like it. We have a few poets on the forums. Let's hear from more of you.

Thanks. You've cheered me up. Im normally not as morbid haha

I actually checked out your blog last night. I was quite down last night and spent hours looking for poems that could express how I was feeling. I found some really good ones but they just weren't quite right so I thought "u know wot im going to try n write one". I was amazed how quick I wrote it, I've just got so much to say about it.
I the type of person that needs reasons and answers and while accept Harry got dealt the diabetes card I can't except having no control of his bloods. It makes me feel so helpless, I've got them perfect during the day and from 9pm they take on a world of their own. Writting that poem last made me feel like I was doing something for him. I've also just registered for the Great North Walk basically anything to stop me feeling so helpless.
SORRY!!! Im not usually like this, I've never had a full night sleep in 3 weeks. Im just let off steam cause who else understands. U try to talk to people that don't live with it and they think ur a saint. I don't want them to think im a saint I want them to understand when I say I feel helpless I want them to agree or disagree when I explain why I think I should adjust his basal rates or carb ratios. ARRRRGGHHH. SORRY

You don't need to apologise for how you feel here Simone, you are amongst people who know just what you mean. Always come here if you need to share things - down-days and triumphs! 🙂

I actually checked out your blog last night. I was quite down last night and spent hours looking for poems that could express how I was feeling. I found some really good ones but they just weren't quite right so I thought "u know wot im going to try n write one". I was amazed how quick I wrote it, I've just got so much to say about it.
I the type of person that needs reasons and answers and while accept Harry got dealt the diabetes card I can't except having no control of his bloods. It makes me feel so helpless, I've got them perfect during the day and from 9pm they take on a world of their own. Writting that poem last made me feel like I was doing something for him. I've also just registered for the Great North Walk basically anything to stop me feeling so helpless.
SORRY!!! Im not usually like this, I've never had a full night sleep in 3 weeks. Im just let off steam cause who else understands. U try to talk to people that don't live with it and they think ur a saint. I don't want them to think im a saint I want them to understand when I say I feel helpless I want them to agree or disagree when I explain why I think I should adjust his basal rates or carb ratios. ARRRRGGHHH. SORRY

No need to apologise and don't ever think you're helpless - sounds like you're doing everything you can which is great. Have fun on the walk, let us know how you get on please. As Northener say, come here to share stuff, we all understand what you and Harry are going through and I can personally say that I've learnt so much here that has truely been invaluable. Keep monitoring and establish a pattern and soon you'll know what's doing what to what and when (that's what they tell me anyway)🙂

Simone, don't appologise, there is no need. We all share the D thing here.

I find it helps to come here, I have a lot of friends here. It also helps to look at the positives. You are doing a difficult job very well. Diabetes is not an exact science and one of the things I have learned is to be more patient with myself, and more forgiving when things go wrong. Look on all the things that go wrong as learning tools.

Every so often when I feel down someone here will say something and I feel better. I know I can come and have a rant or a moan or I can cheer for England and everyone is there supporting me. We will do the same for all of our members because we are all important and all worth it! Each and every one of us is special🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back