i wondered what you all thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

recyclequeen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on the following problem.

I as you know am epileptic, as well as diabetic, as an epileptic i don't know when i am going to have a seizure, therefore, when i have a bath i have to have my daughter in the room with me, for fear i fit and end up drowning.

I should have a shower fitted as it would make my life easier, but they are expensive and i was wondering whether i should ask my doctor for a occupational therapist referral to see if i could have one fitted because of my condition

thanks angie

Hi all

I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on the following problem.

I as you know am epileptic, as well as diabetic, as an epileptic i don't know when i am going to have a seizure, therefore, when i have a bath i have to have my daughter in the room with me, for fear i fit and end up drowning.

I should have a shower fitted as it would make my life easier, but they are expensive and i was wondering whether i should ask my doctor for a occupational therapist referral to see if i could have one fitted because of my condition

thanks angie
Yes go and have a chat with your doctor he's there to help and advise you. good luck sheena

my dad has epilepsy and his gp insisted that he should get a shower fitted and was going to write a letter to whoever it concerned to get it done as he was in the same situation as yourself regarding it being expensive. I think you should probably get help with it no problem :D

It must be worth a try? If you don't ask you don't get as they say!:D
Good luck!

My friend who has epilepsy had a shower fitted. I think her consultant and neurologist and her GP had to write to her council as she lives in a council flat and say she needs a shower. I think she has one of those showers with a non slip floor and a seat in it. How old are you? I think Age Concern may also be able to help if you are over 55, but I am not sure. It is worth finding out.

A shower is better for your own peace of mind and independence, I hope you get one fitted as it will make life easier for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back