I want to jack it all in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am currently in the midst of a huge panic over the lack of pump supplies...no order from Roche despite ordering on monday. Panicking because I'm working and won't be here to sign if they deliver, panicking in case work say no to a one off delivery there...panicking it'll get to saturday and I won't have another cannula. Have put a thing on facebook asking if anyone has a spare, panicking that no one will answer. I feel like such a prat.

I don't care that bloods have been all over the place the past few days, it's expected. I just hate that this has happened just two days into it. It really doesn't give me much faith in Roche, and the fact I am worrying myself to tears over it all.

I don't know what to do. I want to cry. I can't go to the hospital because they're miles away and I can't afford yet another train fare. My local hospital won't have any because to behonest, they have no idea what a pump actually is. I don't want to have to go back to the pens after just a few days.

I'm about ready to cry now...I know I'm being an idiot, but I can't help it. This wasn't supposed to happen on the third day of being on a pump...

Aw Sam, that's awful :( I thought these pump firms were normally on the ball! I'm sure if you explain at work they will take the delivery as it's a bit of an emergency - or is there any chance they could deliver to a post office? You're up London Road way where you work right? There's a post office in Ryman's shop.

Aw Sam, that's awful :( I thought these pump firms were normally on the ball! I'm sure if you explain at work they will take the delivery as it's a bit of an emergency - or is there any chance they could deliver to a post office? You're up London Road way where you work right? There's a post office in Ryman's shop.

oh northey, its just the worst. I've never known panic like this i swear. The first thing I do tomorrow is go to Resources and Planning and literally beg them for their help because it is an emergency. But I mean, I'm not sure what would happen because it would probably go into the deliveries room and get lost amist everything...oh god i really don't know.

Yeah I'm near london road, do you think they would allow something like that?

oh northey, its just the worst. I've never known panic like this i swear. The first thing I do tomorrow is go to Resources and Planning and literally beg them for their help because it is an emergency. But I mean, I'm not sure what would happen because it would probably go into the deliveries room and get lost amist everything...oh god i really don't know.

Yeah I'm near london road, do you think they would allow something like that?

I would think so. If not, don't panic - they could deliver it to me and I could bring it into town for you. Do you know when they are supposed to be delivering it? I can PM you my home address 🙂

I would think so. If not, don't panic - they could deliver it to me and I could bring it into town for you. Do you know when they are supposed to be delivering it? I can PM you my home address 🙂

it was supposed to arrive yesterday :/ I'm going to phone them tomorrow just to chase it up...

would you? just incase work do say no.

(I will totally owe you a pint or several!!!! thank yoooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)

it was supposed to arrive yesterday :/ I'm going to phone them tomorrow just to chase it up...

would you? just incase work do say no.

(I will totally owe you a pint or several!!!! thank yoooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)

No problem Sam, what are friends for? 😉

Sam, couldnt you ask a neighbour to take the parcel in for you? You do have to sign for it - but perhaps the neighbour could? Normally with a pump start you get about 10 set changes - as they know it takes a few days to order the new ones etc.. Have you checked in all the boxes of goodies that you were given?🙂Bev

A couple of practical suggestions, leading on from what others have suggested, although may be too late, and I hope the problem will be resolved today, anyway.
- When ordering items, it's worth asking the sending company which delivery company they will use, and finding out location of delivery company depot and likely delivery times (if you might be around or can get someone to wait in house for you or you can ask a neighbour to take in package [leave note visible only be someone very close to your doorbell / letterbox to avoid advertising empty house]), so that you can collect from there if they attempt to deliver when you're away from home. Luckily, I've lived near elderly neighbours who were in a lot, for two long periods, and they've taken in numerous items for us, but I appreciate it's more difficult if you recently moved, for example.
- Parcel Force and Royal Mail will deliver packages / items to sign for to Post Offices nominated by the received. You need to be able to get to Post Office during working hours, but some have extended hours eg our local is open until 5.30pm 4 afternoons through the week.

I hope everything has arrived safely now.

This is the sort of thing I worry about too and then get in a panic if it doesn't arrive when I expect it to.

update: according to Roche it was sent to the hospital. So I placed another order to go to work tomorrow (fingers crossed) - bloke on the phone was very very apologetic especially when I said I was down to my last flexlink! Work were actually fabulous about it and said I can have it delivered there if ever I need to which is just awesome - they let me phone from there too bless em. Phoned up B-Dec to see if they had my stuff and they didn't so I have no idea what's happening with that.

Special thanks to SueM for sending me some spare flexlinks, utter star!!!! And thanks to everyone else (specially you Northey!) for being fab over this.

I just hope this stuff does arrive tomorrow or I will be placing a complaint with Roche.

excellent news sam and very pleased that your work is accommodating your needs xx 🙂

Phew! Worrying stuff, especially when you're just starting out with the pump - glad it's been sorted 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back