I want to be me again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I want to be able to eat what i want, when i want without thinking about the effects!

i want to wake up in the morning without the first thought being "whats my blood sugar today?" 9.3 WTF!!

I want to be able to go out with my friends to eat and pick anything off the menu and eat whatever i choose until i am full to bursting!

I want to be able to go to bed without a care in the world....

I want to be able to look around my flat and not see that bottle of lucozade by my bedside and all my diabetes stuff on the floor

I want to be able to eat without going through a maths lesson, stabbing my finger and sticking myself with a needle!

I want to be able to go through a day without thinking about the complications i may get

I want to be able to eat chocolate and sweets until i feel sick

I want to be able to fit into my clothes again!

I want to be able to go out drinking and have a good time without constantly worrying if im gonna have a stupid hypo

I want to be normal.....just want to be me again

I do not want this stupid disease any more!!!

Sorry having a down day :( :(

this has been me for the past however many weeks its been

:(

*hugs hon*

You've just listed the same things I've been wishing for every day for the past 6 years. Diabetes sucks but we are stuck with it :(

I think its fair to say you summed up how a lot of us feel.

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

I so know exactly how you are feeling. Can I just add one more

I want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy.

Hi D_G, you summed it all up very well there. The thing that non-Ds don't get is that, althought these things mights seem minor and petty in themselves it's the constancy and enormity that weighs on us and sometimes weighs us down. Hope the morning brings brighter thoughts 🙂

Hi D_G, you summed it all up very well there. The thing that non-Ds don't get is that, althought these things mights seem minor and petty in themselves it's the constancy and enormity that weighs on us and sometimes weighs us down. Hope the morning brings brighter thoughts 🙂

I just wanted to add that as a parent - I do feel and worry about all these things and very rarely do I *not* think about diabetes. At the moment I think I bare the brunt of the worry and responsibility for Alex as this is my job as his mum. But I am very grateful to DG that you have put into words what it must *feel* like every single day and taking full responsibility for everything. I dread the time when Alex gets to this point (which I am sure he will at some stage) - so it helps me to know just what things get you down, as opposed to what things worry a parent! I hope you have a more positive day tomorrow.🙂Bev x

I just wanted to add that as a parent - I do feel and worry about all these things and very rarely do I *not* think about diabetes. At the moment I think I bare the brunt of the worry and responsibility for Alex as this is my job as his mum. But I am very grateful to DG that you have put into words what it must *feel* like every single day and taking full responsibility for everything. I dread the time when Alex gets to this point (which I am sure he will at some stage) - so it helps me to know just what things get you down, as opposed to what things worry a parent! I hope you have a more positive day tomorrow.🙂Bev x

Sorry Bev, I know that many partners and carers, and parents in particular have their own anxieties with the D. Really, I meant those who don't really have any knowledge of it and think it's a doddle.

Thanks everyone, just thought it was about time i wrote down how i feel day to day :(

Big hugs to everyone who wants one today 🙂

Dont know what i would do without this place!

D_G

x

Sorry Bev, I know that many partners and carers, and parents in particular have their own anxieties with the D. Really, I meant those who don't really have any knowledge of it and think it's a doddle.

I wasnt complaining Northey! What I was trying to say (but failed) was that carers and parents etc worry in a different way than the actual person with diabetes. I think we have very different worries from the daily grind of diabetes. I wont go into it all because I think you probably all know what us parents worry about - but I just cant envisage a time when Alex takes on all the responsibility of this horrible condition. I wish I could do all the worrying for him and just let him have the happier side of life ....unrealistic I know ...but it doesnt stop me wanting it.:(🙂Bev

Thanks everyone, just thought it was about time i wrote down how i feel day to day :(

Big hugs to everyone who wants one today 🙂

Dont know what i would do without this place!

D_G

x

Hope you're having better days today.

This place is like therapy with a bar!!

Take care DG

Rossi 🙂

Also hacked off but not sure if it's the D or something else🙄

If we all had a peny for the times we have wished not to be diabetic we'd all be able to afford a new pancreas. Now that would be nice!

Indeed it would!

I woke up at 5.5mmol today and felt like I was down to 1 or 2mmol! Felt terrible!

You said it aff for me there to dg, hope you are feeling better now and laura i also woke up on 5.5 anf felt as rough as toast

I so know exactly how you are feeling. Can I just add one more

I want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy.

I wished that too, it's supposed to be one of the most magicial times of your life and diabetes has to go and ruin it for us :(

D_G you described exactly how I've been feeling the past couple of days x

You said it aff for me there to dg, hope you are feeling better now and laura i also woke up on 5.5 anf felt as rough as toast

How bizarre! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back