I think its beginning to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjohn

Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Feeling very pleased with myself. I have been on the exercise on prescription at my local gym which is supervised by a trainer from the NHS, I am 70 years of age and have problems with my hips, so the exercise has to be tailered to account for this, I have been doing this for 20 weeks, and during that time I have lost just over 3 inches from my waist and hips, but strangely I've not lost 1 ounce in weight, but this morning having weekly weigh-in, I have just lost 1 kilo :D. I think I'll drink to that 😱 wheres my glass of water..

John

Oh, well done John, congrats from someone who struggles to lose weight, no matter how 'good' I am !!

Great that you've been doing the exercise too.

Go you !! 🙂

xx

Hi John ...

Wow thats brilliant news .... 3 inches lost .... :D .... sometimes weight does'nt always come off first .... keep up the good work .... and enjoy your drink ...:D

Heidi
xx🙂

Well Done John!! >> I tend to always trust the Tape Measure as when you are exersisng regularly Fat is replaced by Muscle which is in fact heavier !Keep up the good work ! 🙂

Excellent news John - well done, and good for you for sticking with it!🙂 Muscle is denser than fat, so that's probably why you've not lost much weight until recently. Now that you are fitter, leaner and stronger the increases in your metabolism and insulin efficiency will really help your levels!

...as long as you don't go eating all those black jelly babies!:D

Northerner

I reply to your comment about insulin efficiency. I was taking 60 units of Novorapid at Breakfast.. since getting involved in the exercise I am now taking 30 units of Novorapid at breakfast, going to the gym and then having to eat a couple of biscuits on the way to the bus to get home, I'm now thinking of cutting back to 25 units.

John

Northerner

I reply to your comment about insulin efficiency. I was taking 60 units of Novorapid at Breakfast.. since getting involved in the exercise I am now taking 30 units of Novorapid at breakfast, going to the gym and then having to eat a couple of biscuits on the way to the bus to get home, I'm now thinking of cutting back to 25 units.

John

Wow John, that's terrific! What a great 'advert' for the programme you must be!🙂

Congratulations. Keep it up - but don't fade away altogether!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back